1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Exotica Red Punto Active ICED

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by gopscreative, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Congrats!! on your Italian Beauties B'day. The JVC unit is surely a good one. A big question what about Blue&Me is it still there connected to your steering buttons or have you got it disconnected it? If disconnected then how you suppressed the ECU error for the same.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    no this HU cannot go active. it has manual TA + car type, speaker size, speaker location(in dash, in door etc), distance of speakers and a lot of features.

still exploring them.

it was tough time for me to source this unit in pune. it came from delhi finally. you can get it quickly in your place from impel.

regarding steering controls and blue &me we will have to wait for some time more. half the equipment is fitted. some patch cables specific to this JVC unit are ordered.

the kit which i fitted was direct plug and play fit :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    More details please on the stuff which is needed for a complete fit for our E-packs. Total damage (all costs included for HU, cables, etc), pictures as well. Can not wait to get my hands on this.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  4. Italia-Linea

Pune
    hey thanks buddy, i already had the 2 amplifiers , morel components, scosche rca's and amplifier wiring 4 guage kit fitted long back in my linea.

after experimenting everything it was concluded that i need to dump my oem head unit for the sound quality i desire.

the HU costed me Rs.11600 after discounts. the steering wheel interface 5000 rs.
  5. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Hmmm, Italia_linea has almost mentioned all the points which I wanted to mention. By end of today will upload pics of different color schemes the unit offers. The best thing about this unit is its Bass control. It sounds so natural and perfectly blends with music(I feel 8016 is little heavy on bass side).
  6. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad
    Congrats on the setup! I love the HU in ur car.. ALAS, I choose the PIONEER which has the Blue color display, so I set it up to power off display automatically. :(
    The sound from Pioneer is great, but looks like I have made a big sacrifice. Would it be a good idea to sell of mine and order a new one from JVC??
  7. Italia-Linea

Pune
    i have pioneers in all my other cars. the SQ quality of kenwood/ this aresenal series JVC unit / clarion/ alpine is class apart.

if you get a good price for ur pio then u can upgrade.
  8. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad

hmmmm... I got this one for 7000rs in September 2011.... how much do u thk i can expect?? (its not even 4 months old!!)
  9. Italia-Linea

Pune
    8016BT has almost no heavy bass, jvc is bit better when it comes to bass. but nothing beats pioneer when it comes to bass.
  10. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    @Italia-Linea, I felt so.
    Here are some pics of this HU looks during night times with color combinations.
    IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg