1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Exotica Red Punto Active ICED

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by gopscreative, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ok lets hold on till gopscreative gets us the review. i too will hear for this head unit myself.

also rubbishing JVC without hearing too is amateurish.

and why wont jvc sound good with same dsp and TI/burrbrown dac which is ditto same as that on kenwood?
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Where has anyone rubbished jvc, that ur calling it amateurish
  3. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Seems some heated discussions going on here. Well before buying I did audition 8016, which is almost with the same config in my cousin's swift.I think JVC has the advantage with WAV files.Regarding MP3 , I think both sounded same. Give me sometime guys, will come out with a review. But believe me this JVC will stun you for sure!!
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Eagerly awaiting your detailed review! In the meantime, we could do with some pics and a short bullet points!
  5. Italia-Linea

Pune
    @ Phew - heard it myself and guess what !! it was so impressive that i bought one immediately. Beats hollow the 8016BT and the dealer too agreed with this.

Damn, this one is a freaking head unit. beats all other head units in the price range hollow.

.wav files - nirvana, does other head units in price give me this nirvana - NO !!

i got it fitted- morels, grond zero, jbl amplies - perfect synchro.

time alignment- perfect, feel as if speakers are front firing towards me.

perfect bang for the buck.

special thanks gopscreative and other members who motivated me to dare buy this JVC head unit.

i simply couldnt get out of my car. i kept listening and listening. finally started getting calls from home for dinner. then i got out of my parking.

SQ, SQ, SQ is all it has. i was not liking morels due to highs from tweeters. now i am simply loving them.

the most impressive thing was the way sound was moving over the dashboard while i was selecting between drivers listening position and co-drivers.

JVC is simply underrated. i almost purchased Kenwood 8016BT the day earlier and while i was just handing over the amount to the dealer i noticed scratches on it and i dint buy it. and the next day i got this.

i had auditioned both kenwood8016BT and this. there is simply no difference.

but you play a .wav file and you feel the jvc takes off like a turbo charged engine and leaves kenwood begging for mercy for those extra $ spent on it (on kenwood).

as soon as you open the box you feel very good to look at those matte finish gold plated 5V rcas. and they are not there just for figures. i had to turn down the amp gain immediately to 4 volts.i was under an impression that 5V is just a spec and i will have to keep the gains to atleast 2.5V.
    this coupled to amp with Scosche twisted pair RCA (double shielding) is yielding good results. the only weak link i now have is the sub RCA. its local brand. i will change that too to scosche now.

the Menu is very easy to use. when you are listening to a particular song in say 120th folder on your pendrive. when you press menu the browser stays in that folder and doesnt go back to folder1. this is the best feature on JVC. while demo on kenwood it was going to folder1.

the amber color on the JVC head unit is exactly matching the interior colors of my car.

now the best part : FM Radio - it sounds so clear and crisp as if i am playing CD. the previous JVC i had too out-shined my pioneer unit in FM radio dept.

when i played hotel california i felt as if people are clapping around me, the music comes so alive.

i agree to people who rightly said that EQ feature doesnt come to much use if tuning on ampli is good. i have kept the eq flat.

Bass- the bass is SQ oriented and is low when compared to Pioneers. but now its merged perfectly with fronts.

if the woofer is on you dont feel that theres a woofer in the car, but if you put it off you miss it. nice blend i must say.,

but when i need that big bass i will have to use bass boost on amp + increase sub levels from my HU.

Also the bass and sound doesnt at all escape outside from the solid built linea. i am planning to use baffles in the rear tray, but the tray is very thick and hosts the rear curtain.
    so i am not sure what i should do there so that the bass comes easily in the cabin.

Display - on the kenwood there was a lot of glare due to the handsome looking shiny faceplate. on JVC the glare is much less, but kenwood looks handsome.
    Also Kenwood had bigger display, the display area on JVC is eaten up by the front usb and aux.

Buttons- the Rotary knob on JVC is bigger with rubber cladding and good to use than kenwood. but the press button quality on kenwood is better than that of JVC.

JVC KDR926BT @ Rs.11600 Vs Kenwood KDC8016BT @ 16500 makes kenwood feel too pricey. Kenwood 7016 is VFM but again lacks features.
    6 people like this.
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Pics Amit! Come on. Did the JVC go into the Linea? Yaar why do you like to play around with us? Details please.
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @italia

nice review, the jvc seems a clear winner. the price is also tempting

1. The sound quality of the .WAV format of JVC was compared against which other .WAV format playing HU???
    2. If yes then what were the major differences between the .wav format sound of both the HU's used for comparison???
    3. where have you placed the tweeters in the stock locations or on the dash???

hold ur horses a detailed jvc VS p80 .wav format comparo coming up soon from my end, the JVC is in transit.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Excellent review Amit! Click some nice pics (macro mode enabled) and upload. We want to see the player in action! How is the time alignnment feature for novice users? Is setting up difficult?
  9. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Today was my cars 1st Bday :) lbday.jpg

Teaser : Color set to match interior. more than 1000 color combos.

hu.jpg
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats a worthy birthday gift :)

Btw, can this HU go active, couldn't find this info around, any insights on this, and does it have auto TA or manual TA, sorry but mine will a couple of days time to come so no ready as yet
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011