1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Exotica Red Punto Active ICED

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by gopscreative, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hows the sound stage now? i bet the TA feature in this head unit must be working very good.

please post snaps and also with orange light up on the HU :)
  2. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Seems like many people interested in this HU. Will do everything by this weekend guys as held up in Office work.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Yes, this HU is an under-dog. Pretty much like Fiat. Highly deserving and capable but under-rated.
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    And what makes you conclude that fact, any past experiences or just a wild guess reading reviews
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Do a side-by-side comparison with HUs at similar price points. You'll notice the following major USPs of JVC
    1. Ability to play WAV files off USB flash disk
    2. 5v 3 Gold Plated RCA outputs
    3. Time Alignment
    4. Fully functional bluetooth
    5. JVC Application Suite
    6. 2 USB ports

The nearest competitor is ofcourse Kenwood 8016 at 20k MRP (JVC is at 14k MRP). However 8016 does not play WAV.

For any serious audiophile. loss-less playback is the biggest attraction!

EDIT - It may be pertinent to mention out here that JVC and Kenwood have merged. So they now share internals, DAC and other technology.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If we start judging and commenting just buy going on the stats then no one would have ever bought a Pioneer P80RS, Mcintosh, Panasonic, nakamichi, clarion HX-D2, etc. as they barely had any such features still they were the audiophiles choice Y???

compare a pioneer p99 to a Hx-D2 or a mcintosh and you will soon see all the features not necessarily result in better sound, its only when you hear, does one pass judgement or opinions.

or for that matter why did the pioneer P80 sell more than the kenwoods or alpines even though it lacked many creature comforts
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Am I missing anything here? Why the apparent hatred or bias?

I think the comparison is always between products AT A CERTAIN price point. And that's what the bottom line is. At the MRP of 14k for this vs the next nearest competitor (Kenwood at 20k), the JVC boasts much better features.

This JVC HU is their top-of-the-line HU globally (Arsenal KD-A925BT in the USA) and has TI/Burr-Brown 24-bit DAC, 2 Connections for iPod/iPhone and Digital Track Expander (high-frequency compensation) apart from the other features that I already mentioned. I dont think there is any other HU in the similar price bracket offering so much.

I've auditioned the 8016 and found the bass to be compromised for my taste. The interface was slow, and scrolling through a list of folders (typical of a large capacity flash disk) was not great. I'm yet to audition the JVC though. But personally, I would definitely choose a HU which can play loss-less format.

I've no experience with the high end HUs you have mentioned. They must be good, if they are so highly talked about in audiophile community. And hence they must justified in commanding a premium pricing.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No apparent hatred for any brand but simply boosting on assumptions is certainly of no help.

if features is how u choose a HU then so be it, its OK to judge something purely on the basis of listed features and cost but blatantly calling it highly deserving and capable is just an overrated comment especially since one has never heard it or experienced it. A fair comparison is only when u have put two or more things to test and not just comparing on paper stats
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    oye sirji,

dont get into consideration Pioneer P80RS, Mcintosh, Panasonic, nakamichi. they are very costly and cannot be compared with JVC or Kenwood units under 20k.

in peer to peer comparison the JVC Arsenal series 926BT stands out very well. Kenwood and JVC are joint ventures and share the same DAC, DSP and amps.

the JVC unit outshines the kenwood on a very important aspect which high end players should have. i.e playing .wav format. its the purest source of high SQ music.

yes the regular JVC series which were there before the joint venture of kenwood and JVC were just average, but not the arsenal series.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For ur kind info pioneer P80 is for 18-19k INR.

Sirji, without any experience assumptions are as good as misleading info.
    yes it is comparable or better on features front but that does not make it capable or more deserving by any chance until or unless you have heard them in person and then passed on a judgement.

playing .wav files or not if the HU is unable to produce the supporting Sound quality then even the .wav's wont impress anyone.

so right now jumping to conclusions just because the features list reads "support .wav format" is certainly amateurish, yes if in reality after auditioning it sounds better, then no doubt the kenwood 8016 might soon be history given the pricing and features list and SQ of the JVC