1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Exotica Red GP 1.2.....Delivered!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by nobrakes, Jun 30, 2011.

1. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Greetings TFian's! I'm now another proud owner of a GP 1.2, Exotica red car :steering. Got the car yesterday evening (29/06/11) from Wasan motors, Borivli (Mumbai). The first few kilometers or should I say, starting from the first few meters I've had a faaaaar from trouble free experience. I'm refering to another member's (clash81) problem of kaht khat khat noise coming from the front left side. Mine started as soon as I left the dealership.....made a u turn and I was back there. All izzz well today though after a visit to the workshop on day 2 itself, and considering it's a new, glossy, sexy car the whole experience has not dampened my spirits. Unfortunately, i've got to catch a flight tonight, so i'll be updating this thread on monday with some pictures and the whole experience in detail.

Life's not fair......have had the car just for over 28 hours, and i've got to leave her for 3 days :uh.
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Congrats for the car.... About the khat khat issue, "what about PDI? Did you looked at the PDI list provided by Paddleshifter?". You should not be worrying about this small issue.. The car is overall a wonderful package. I am driving the 1.2 FIRE for 20 months now and have completed 29K+. I have even touched 175kmph (without AC) on it.

Happy driving days buddy... :)

By the way which version did you opted for?(Active, Dynamic, Emotion)
    What are the modifications planned?

Just one suggestion "Please change the tires", JK Tornado is a no fun to drive tire.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    :wow
    Congratulations nobreaks once you back home do upload pics
  4. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

Congrats Man!!!!
    Welcome to the Elite TFI club.
  5. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congratulations and Welcome to the Club. Drive Safe.

Even I had a similar problem coming from the Front Right Wheel and it was right from the day of delivery whenever the speed of the car was above 20. I took it to the Service Center and they identified a Stud Bearing issue which was corrected within an hour.
  6. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    congrats mate, happy mile crunching with your red beauty :)
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats dude on the Italian red beauty, so write to us more on the GP along with the pictures....
  8. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hello again TFian's,

Firstly would like to thank you all for the warm welcome i've received over here. I've finally managed to take a few photo's of my Punto and am now ready to introduce you'll to her :) .

I started looking for a new car somewhere last october. My ageing Accent, though in good condition, was starting to show many signs of old age (it was a 2002 GVS and I owned it for the past years). Shortlisted the Linea and Fiesta 1.6 S. At the same time wifey and myself were scouting for a house and the car had to take a backseat. We eventually bought a much bigger house than we could afford, and property prices being what they are in Mumbai my dreams of owning a new sedan were out of the window.

My search for a new hatchback now started and I considered cars including Punto, I10, i20, Beat, Figo, Polo & Swift. Eventually we decided to buy a Punto 1.2 Emotion because it seemed like such a value for money car, and those drop dead gorgeous loooooooks! Petrol because not only was the MJD out of my budget, but my monthly running is very low. I did only 30 K in 5 years in my Accent and no outsation trips at all for the past 2 years ( I need to get a life ;) ).

Booked the car through Wasan motors Borivli, at an on road price of 5.50 lacs. Paid them an initial down payment of 25K, did the PDI after a few days and paid them an additionsl 15 K. The finance was from future money at the rate of 11.5% for a period of 5 years. Got 10k as exchnge bonus, 3K corp. disc., and nice matting, antirust, and "teflon coating". Did'nt opt for mudflaps as i plan to get them from the UK.

The car was delivered to me on the 29th of june 2011, two weeks after booking and I traded in my Accent for a measely 1 lac! After inspecting the car and finishing the paperwork, we got into the car and turned left out the dealership and to our surprise, khat khat khat sound from the left front side. It kept coming regularly so we went straight back to the dealer and they said that they would send their driver with me in the morning to Wasan's workshop in kandivili. Went there in the morning and the "link rod" issue was sorted in half an hour. I was satisfied, and RELIEVED! Done about 100 kms since and am quite happy with the car. FE seems to be about 7-8 right now and the gear change is not slick to say the least. I"m hoping thess will improve sooner than later.

Just wanted to add a line about Aniket, the SA at Wasan Motors, Borivili......very hard working guy who does a great job at selling Fiats.

A few Pics of my Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion (Exotica RED)...........

DSCF6516.jpg

DSCF6504.jpg

DSCF6485.jpg

DSCF6486.jpg

DSCF6510.jpg

DSCF6502.jpg

DSCF6501.jpg

DSCF6520.jpg

DSCF6509.jpg

DSCF6505.jpg

DSCF6513.jpg

DSCF6503.jpg
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Nice Choice of color dude, Do drive safe and enjoy the drive and sure the Punto will never let you down,
    Any headturners on the Streets, Any modifications are in the pipe-line?.
    Happy Puntoing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  10. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Thanks Tony! No modifications planned as of now due to lack of vitamin M! Am going to first add sunfilm (after the monsoon) and then seat covers. A car accessories guy near my place has shown me lovely covers from orchis for about 6k.

As for headturners, am so busy concentrating on the car, the controls(my old accent had the wipers, lights on the opposite side), MID etc that i have really noticed them! Driving very gingerly indeed.

Cheers.