1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Exide Battery Woes :(

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pioneeraaron, Dec 15, 2011.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

My Battery has started giving me problems past 1yr with a false crank.Crank and the rpm needle would rise and die down immediately.Next crank would be fine.One fine day my friend who owns a swift called me sayin he was stranded midway cuz his car refused to start.His symptoms were same as mine.I told him to catch hold of a road side mechanic and get his car checked.After half an hour he calls me back sayin his car is now fine and starts properly.He told me the mechanic cleaned the battery connectors of carbon deposits and applied some grease and was good to go now.

I too suspected the same issue with my battery.Took it to TASS and told them the issue.Did the battery connectors cleaning and applied battery gel and now the car cranks fine.Im gonna dump Exide and go for dry cell.

Any suggestion?? I heard Amaron is a good battery(SMF).Any specific Model should i look out for.Owning a Linea 1.4.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3