1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

exhaust tip query

Discussion in 'Technical' started by dr.kush123, Nov 24, 2013.

1. dr.kush123

dr.kush123 Timido

indore
    Hi. I came across some data online that changing the exhaust tip or even cutting it to a bit smaller does bring some change in the sound that car produces. Also I was given accessories list by fiat caffe employee where a crome exhaust tip was available to purchase at a price of 2050.
    Can anyone please throw a light on this matter as i couldnt find any previous threads regarding tthe exhaust tip and improvement of sound of the car with minimal interference caused under the hood.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Rest assured the sound/note is not going to change any which ways, since it's an MJD under the hood.

Exhaust tips are purely for aesthetic value. The one with FASS is a Ricambi Originali and hence costs that much and is a bit ugly IMO. There are better looking ones in aftermarket. I guess you need to search before starting a new thread.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    dr.kush,

I'm having this chrome exhaust tip and looks cool too.
    No sound change at all. A perfect fit and no need to cut the existing exhaust pipe.
    Will try to post the pic soon for your convenience.
  4. dr.kush123

dr.kush123 Timido

indore
    Thanks rishikesh.
    M looking forward to it.
  5. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    This is the original Fiat accessory that I have in my car. There's absolutely no change in the exhaust note. You can judge for yourself whether it makes any positive difference in the visual aspect or not. I bought this because I had read somewhere that after-market ones, if poorly designed, could affect the silencer unit. There are many better looking after-market ones available, but I think some modification maybe required to fit them.

_DSC0204.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Are we a special breed of car owners that think so much about something that is just for looks, or do all car owners think like this :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Its just we, overrating and thinking too much on simple things because we are special breed :)

Gopi
    1 person likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    We don't breed :evilsmile but we can be nearly called a 'creed' if you will..:D
    1 person likes this.
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
  10. dr.kush123

dr.kush123 Timido

indore
    Thanks rishikesh. I will be going for the same now. Thanks alot
    1 person likes this.