1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

exhaust is having sooty deposit and slightly oily on my 25k km driven 1.3 MJD punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sanfiat, Dec 26, 2012.

1. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi . I was in middle of a highway run and took a halt inbetween. Thats ven i noticed that the exhaust seemed a bit over sooty to me. Got my first worry. Then i just rubbed the exhaust soot with my fingers and found it bit oily . This was my second big big worry. With bikes this usuallt means end of the engine. Is the engine dying on my punto. What shud i do now. Im horribaly worried. Pick up looks ok. Accelaration seems ok too. I never spotted any oil leakage inder the car ever. please help me. .....many thanks
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I believe you mean the exhaust tail pipe was covered with soot on the inside?

Well, that's how it will be. It's a diesel, after all. Not a petrol. :)

Do not worry , just enjoy the Punto.
    2 people like this.
  3. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hello Gurjinder....
    Many thanks for the reply. Yes, u r right. i was reffering to the exhaust tail pipe itself.Makes me feel so much better reading thru ur reply. so the soot being a bit oily is perfectly ok ?.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Yeah. If on a diesel you dont have a sooty exhaust tip you got to worry. Everything is perfectly fine on your car. Dont worry.
  5. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hello italia linea. Thanks for ur reply. Makes me feel much better. ....nice day