1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Exciting journey in my RED ROCK aka Red Solid Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sailer_Punter, May 5, 2015.

1. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Does changing clutch kit has effects like reduced NVH and engine characteristics? I ask this because there was a service done at 55K kms but still engine felt tad smoother. But now after clutch overhaul, there is a drastic improvement in NVH, it is so smooth as if the car is completely new. Engine revs up smoothly all the way till 4K RPM and it is very silent till about 2.5K RPM. All in all happy :)
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Sailer_Punter : nice to hear positive feedback about vecto after many had faced issues with their service approach :)
    vecto@mysore is closed and might turn into skoda showroom as per the news.
    Sailer_Punter likes this.
  3. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    yes there is increased load on Vecto, Singasandra folks now I guess. Normally it used to be easy to get a slot but this time got a slot after 3 days!
    Deepak likes this.
  4. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Had been on a long trip to Wynad and back on same day. Left at early morning (3:30 AM) but the roads were full of lorries all the way till Mysore. Saw a herd of bisons as well as couple of elephants on the way :)

When coming back, noticed that only low beams of headlight were working. Both high beams are gone. Need to check it tomorrow in Vecto. Looks like a blown fuse.
  5. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    The car has completed 63K kms as of now and going is very smooth. 5V socket is not working from past few days, will have to get it checked.

One question, have been hearing a metallic noise from engine bay when I Switch on the car in mornings. From what I have read, this may be related to timing chain. Mine is late 2012 manufactured car. Are there any problems reported regarding the timing chain issues for this specific batch? just wondering is it coz of remap that the timing chain deteriorates faster!! Mine was remapped at around 22K kms and its already 40K+ in remap in mainly map 3 and 4.

Also is it safe to drive for couple of days as I have got an appointment for thursday. They have quoted 11K for the change.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    wasn't the Timing chain replaced during 60k service? there are mixed opinions about changing TC on 75HP at 60k while its mandatory to change in 90HP. However make sure it's really a timing chain noise. (faulty bearings, belts also could make noise)
    Its perfectly ok to drive the car as you are hearing the noise only during cold start. Get it checked at a local mechanic too and replace the TC if its making noise. Don't postpone replacing TC. Do browse through the forum for more details.
    Sailer_Punter likes this.
  7. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Kind of anti-climax for a supposedly timing chain issue as suspected by me, turns out that a small spanner (god knows how it came in) was stuck inside bonnet area causing the metallic noise when starting the car (due to vibrations at startup). After removal, there is absolutely no noise. Hence timing chain check has been postponed to next service.

A new Zest AMT has come in the family now and it has become my daily commute vehicle due to the ease of drive in traffic. Hence Punto is getting a well deserved rest for now until my next highway drive this weekend.
    Deepak likes this.