1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Exciting journey in my RED ROCK aka Red Solid Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Sailer_Punter, May 5, 2015.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Sailer_Punter: do you service the car every 10k interval? FASS suggests 15k right? or is it because of the remap service interval is 10k?
    Also when the service interval is 15k SA at FASS wont question it?
  2. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    I did it because of remap. Fiat does suggest 15k interval but then this is for my peace of mind when I am revving the car in sports mode . In fact I started this now (previous was done in 15k interval) as car is building kms in excess of 50k kms.

Service centre guys will not care and I don't think they will question if you go for 5k service interval as well.
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Deepak likes this.
  3. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @Deepak,

FASS in kerala do recommend 10k service interval or 1 year, few reasons for this 10 k interval are mentioned below

1) Hot climate conditions in south India will suck up our oil.

2) timing chain will have longevity if will ensure 10k service interval (i replaced mine which is 75hp at 50k under warranty after timing chain noise).
    Deepak likes this.
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @bibin : how do you exactly identify timing chain noise? is there any symptoms so we can catch this in early stage? if TC is not replaced in time it gonna cause major break down.
  5. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @Deepak,

there will a metal rubbing noise or metal crunching noise when you open the bonnet apart from the normal engine noise.

the noise intensity can vary from a very small metal rubbing noise to a high decibel metal crunching one. I noticed a very small sound variance from my engine but ignored it initially and when went for the recently concluded service camp, SA was able to identify it Immediately and asked me to replace , since the car had run only 50k , it was covered under EW.

what i learnt that any variance in sound apart from the normal engine sound should be referred to FASS asap. i Hope all members of Team Fiat agrees with me on it.

Thanks
    Deepak likes this.
  6. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Rocky has been munching km's and just crossed 56K. Offlate engaging 1st gear has become a pain and lever struggling to slot in! rest of the gears are smooth slotting but 1st gear has started creating a lot of ruckus! Even the reverse gear slotting is not smooth as before and car jerks in half clutch! Not sure if clutch needs replacement. Need to find some time to go to service centre.

By the way couple of my collegues drove the car during our recent project outing and they are impressed with the accelaration (Map 3 and 4). Both have petrol cars and one of them is ready to buy mine for 5 lakhs :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think you need to check your car's clutch kit as it looks like clutch gone kaput.
    Sailer_Punter likes this.
  8. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Sailer_Punter likes this.
  9. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Kedar. I need to get it checked ASAP. Due to the heavy traffic conditions that I travel through, both my legs and lower back has gone for a toss!

Thanks Bibin. Also since I run in map 3 normally, I believe that is added stress on the clutch coupled with the traffic effect. Today morning whole car was vibrating when I was reversing the car out of my parking spot. I will get it checked this weekend.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Got the clutch kit replaced at Vecto motors today. Had told them to check gear cable as well, no issues as such. Overall dent in the pocket was Rs 8532. Car was given in at 8:50AM and was delivered at 5PM.

Main thing to note is the experience at service centre. It was really awesome. Never had such pleasant experiences during my Maruti and Hyundai days as well. Promptly attended when I reached there, Shiva Kumar was the SA and Dayanand was the in charge. Got timely updates on work progress, trial run where SA was adament on checking the slotting all through from reverse to first to fifth!! Honestly, with such experiences, I am sure that I am gonna continue with Fiat for my next purchase as well.

By the way in coming days, getting quick appointment will be a problem I guess due to the closure of centre in Mysore road.