1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

excessive radiator fan noise

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by jayakrishnakola, Mar 27, 2011.

1. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    but gurjinder I find it hard to believe that turbo petrols (1.4 t-jet) run much hotter than turbo diesels(1.3 mjd). Usually the compression ratio of any naturally aspirated diesel engine is much higher than that of petrol engines and when you turbo charge them the compression increases many folds. same happens with petrols too. But i don't think turbo petrols are hotter than turbo diesels, at least according to my little knowledge. Have You said the above statements keeping displacement in mind that 1.4 has bigger volume can contain more volume of gas and as it chunks out 115hp, the pressure inside must be so high and hence high temps? please through some light here :):):)
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's just the way they are. Turbo-petrol exhaust temps are wayyy higher than turbo-diesels. You will rarely find the turbo's which are used in turbo-petrols WITHOUT water cooling. Whereas you will rarely find turbo-diesel turbo's WITH water cooling. Take the case of the Linea. The T-Jet's turbo is water cooled whereas the Multijet's is not, because it doesn't need it.

Google it, plenty of info.

Diesels are cool :)
    1 person likes this.