1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

excessive radiator fan noise

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by jayakrishnakola, Mar 27, 2011.

1. trance_nut

trance_nut

New Delhi
    Thanks for the quick reply Gurjinder. The "khat" sound was only the first time i engaged the AC, there after it was pretty quiet. will get it checked.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    upgradation of radiator fan

Paid a visit to TASS in Chennai as I started noticing increased noise and vibration when AC temperature is lowered to 18 to 20....
    Came to know that in old Linea's (2010..11), the radiator fan contains only 7 blades and any misalignment in the bearings under it can result in noise and vibration.

Interesting thing is that, for those who are under the 2 year warranty, the TASS people will replace it with the new 9 blade fan if they observe any noise/vibration. There must be a lot of people within the 2 year warranty period. So guys, do enquire about this free replacement from FIAT and get it changed!!
    2 people like this.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Even when I have not used the AC for a drive, I sometimes hear a huge noise. Is this the radiator fan noise? Its pretty audible. Is this an issue and should I get the fan replaced as suggested by avnsiva?
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Not at all.

That was your high speed fan setting kicking in. When the lower speed is unable to cope with engine heat, the high speed setting kicks in automatically.

Enjoy the jet.
  5. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    yeah and the sound produced resembles a mini generator :evilsmile
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I had my radiator fan replaced with a new 9 blade fan just last week and my car is 40 months old. It was done under extended warranty as it is eligible to do so. I was experiencing some vibrations on and off. The SA decided to change it, but it took almost a month for the fan to arrive from FIAT. So guys pls get it done under extended warranty if you have even a hint of the problem, Dont miss the bus.

Abdul
  7. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    few months back i paid a visit to TASS for the same issue. The SA said about the upgrade from 7 leaf fan to 9. He also said that my car is in the fan upgrade list from fiat. Hence he ordered for the free upgrade. A week later he called me and informed to visit the TASS after two days. I visited them but unfortunately the SA left the TASS permanently and another SA who attended me refused for the upgrade. I visited them thrice so for and there are no signs of sanctioning this upgrade for me.:confused
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My car which has got AC upgradation have 7 leaves not 9.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    For diesels the engine temperature is very high when compared to petrols. Hence the fan present in a diesel car may rotate much faster at second stage than the fan present in a petrol car. Hence fiat might be recommending 9 leaves fan for MJD cars IMO.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Turbodiesels might run hotter than normally aspirated petrols but turbo-petrols run much, much hotter than turbo diesels.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.