1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

excessive radiator fan noise

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by jayakrishnakola, Mar 27, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Absolutly Right ::T
  2. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    enough with the reasons y its happening...can any1 suggest how to get rid of it or do i have to live with it...
    this is happening after the ac upgrade.earlier it was fine....had to listen very carefully for any sound at all
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You gotta live with it mate. The ones who should be irritated by the noise should be the ones outside the car.

You enjoy your Linea.

Gurjinder.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the fan noise is normal. this noise is audible only when the fan is on speed 2. it switches between speed 1 and 2 automatically for better cooling of the coil.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Live with it buddy...im already used to it..the noise makes my car feel royal to me :p
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Aaron Bhai like you attitude buddy, You are a Sports.
  7. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    kahan royal yaar...its embarrassing
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

This is unique char of Fiats and people may get aware that she is coming....
  9. Anybody tried sound damping available under bonnet of diesel variants in your petrol?
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    sound damping is already there in our punto and linea . but we cannot help sound escaping from underbelly there is nothing much we can do to avoid that.

i ve seen that my punto's radiator fan rarely(read it as not at all) does work unless AC is switched on. is it normal ?
    shall i believe that when temperature raises high it would switch on automatically ? for my curiosity i had checked the fan at mid day when temperature was 41 degrees but it was idle, though there was no abnormality or any other issues .