1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

excessive radiator fan noise

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by jayakrishnakola, Mar 27, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

When I put my AC ON in cold morning & if I put blower on at 3 or 4 position it spins at max.speed & noise.

At cold morning coolent temp is low. Then how it runs at max. speed & noise. ?
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    bhai it is not related to blower speed but to coolant temperature as gurjinder said. besides my uno's fan used to stay on even after switching off the engine till the radiator cools, but it does not happen in my linea as some have suggested. after a month of driving after the ac upgrade it was only now that my radiator fan blew on speed 2 and that time i kept wondering from where the sound is coming. it is tooooo noisy. only once my car made that loud fan noise so far.
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Even im facing this after the a/c upgrade...i wont say this is a issue...my dad pointed out that the fan is making lot of noise when he was standing outside...after the upgrade theres the bigger fan and the biggest factor is the weather..its summer in india now..with temperature soaring to 36-38c..so mostly pepl try to keep the blower speed to max for effective and fast cooling..so the fan tends to overwork..hence the noise..!!
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes Pio you got the point what Iam saying. ::T
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Do you guys really think that more blower speed means more cooling. At least I am not agree with this.

Cooling depends on grill temperature and blower speed is use to throw cold air through grill. Lowest air through means coldest air inside the cabin through grill. Which means 1st blower speed position should provide best cooling which is true but with respect to size of the cabin its not effective initially and some more air throw is required inside the cabin, that’s why most of the people use speed in 2nd position. By which you get good cooling and air throw inside the cabin.
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @nitin

the catch is..if u want fast cooling so obvsly u'l increase the blower speed...inshort faster cooling leads to faster blower i.e fan speed...any fan rotating fast makes loud noise..be it the fan on the ceiling or the radiator fan..hence the noise...m not commenting about the cooling only the loud noise!!
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    this is not the blower fan noise. this is the radiator fan that has variable RPM. under more load on AC this fan rotates at increased RPMS than normal and makes lot of noise.

more the blower speed, more is the air swept over the cooling coil and more is the heat transfer. so the compressor does more duty on same temp say 20 degrees on blower speed 3 than on 2. so the compressor cut off is altered.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Earlier (<1000km) radiator fan used to run even after switching off the engine. Then I observed that the engine oil level was slightly above the half mark. I had topped up the engine oil and on the same period I had updated ECU related to warning light issue. After that I have observed that the fan is not running after switching off the engine.Either of the above(ECU/Engine oil) might have caused it. Recently I had gone to Amboli and after riding 120 km continuously in ghat section, with out side temperature of 33-37, the fan was not working after switching off the engine. When the engine is on with AC working the fan is running(checked by opening bonnet). The temperature needle was on the normal level. When I touched my bonnet it is not very hot. So at least I think the engine is not overheating .
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    even i have noticed that sound has increased,though my black ogre has clocked 13,200.does it gets more when you are closer to service(15,000)??
  10. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

yupp felt the same in my palio 1.9D too

but there is the vibration that was not present before