1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

excessive radiator fan noise

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by jayakrishnakola, Mar 27, 2011.

1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    guys any one experiencing this problem??????

lots of noise when the radiator fan goes on and its has started to vibrate recently,
    my car is exactly 3 months old to this day and is clocked 18000 km . both the services were smoothly done and were satisfactory.

any suggestions regarding what my approach must be.....
    i'm planning to take it to the TASC for a replacement under warranty
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    YES. same issue with my 3 months old linea. the fan makes lots of noise.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Get it verified, always better to be sure.

Although what may be " noise " may well be normal operation of the fan. When temperatures exceed a certain point or when the engine / AC needs faster cooling , the fan tends to work at higher than normal speeds ( almost double). Thats perfectly normal functioning. Happens on our Palio Diesel too.

Gurjinder.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    And i feel the same after AC upgrade :(
    Even after switching of the engine and coming out of the car, i can hear how hard the engine fans are working to cool it down, its almost sound like mini generator there :(
    Once when I parked the car in mall underground parking and moved towards the lift, Security Guard shouted, "sirji aapki gadi chalo hai...band karke jaiye.." and he was almost 50ft from the car :(
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    If noise is not audible inside just ignore it but do get the vibrations checked.
    Mostly it goes noisy in traffic jams. The fan functions in various speeds as per requirement for cooling.
    When radiator fan kicks at full speed it gets pretty noisy and blows dust if your car is parked on dust.
    Nearly creates a small tornado under the car and infront of bumper of car and be ready to get stares from bike wallas when this happens.
    And in hot summer days it works for some time even after switching off the engine to cool it down.
  6. I have had enough embarassments at petrol Bunks, Office Basement and Mall Basements. Nothing to worry. Thats a different way to let others know that 'we have arrived in a FIAT' ::O
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Before AC upgrade, the fan used to trigger only when I turn off the engine. People used to aks me "You didnt turn off the engine?". Now, post upgrade, it stops when the engine is off.
    OT: I think this thread should be part of the AC upgrade thread.
    As you said, a way to make our presence felt!
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I am also feeling some increased humming sound since last 3-4 days. May be due to high temp and extra load on fan.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Radiator fan is programmed in 2 stage.
    When you put blower to 1st /2nd speed position,fan spins at medium speed.
    when you put blower to 3rd / 4th speed position,fan spins with max speed.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Dont think so.
    Its related with the coolant temperature. If it goes beyond a certain limit, the fan will work with increased speed .