1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Excessive Engine Braking - Suggestions Required

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Relativity, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Dude, I lug around a lot in 3rd gear. But at speeds below 40KMPH in city traffic, 3rd gear simply lugs with no power available on board.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

You know what buddy, hope you remember my comments in some other thread which went controversial.

Anyways, this is what happened. Tensingh was TDing my car and was just playing with the A pedal. Seeing my mixed looks he just mentioned you and said after TDin your car and trying to find your issue, this style has become a habit for him irrespective of the car and the complaint. This was way back in TAFE days. Going by your posts, I feel you walk around the car looking for faults. If ain't broke don't fix it. No offense.

BTW, the symptom you mention is absolutely normal. All cars are like that. With regards to the suspension, yes I say that the 2012 models are much stiffer than the pre 2012 ones and hence ride is harsher. Just throw the comments received out of the window and rely on your instincts and prevailing facts and even more importantly fellow TFIans. I am in with teky for TDing your car. :p

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @Relativity - I have read most of your posts. You come across as a guy who knows what he is talking about. I saw the passion with which you maintain your car in the reflection of yourself, squatting to get an eye level picture, in the detailing thread. You seem to be very dissatisfied and seem to be having a lot of problems with your car.

My advise to you - sell it. I think you are too much of a perfectionist for your car. I suggest you get yourself another car that is engineered better for Indian conditions, has better ASS and gives you more peace of mind. I mean, it is not worth chasing something that is giving you so much of heart ache.

Rajan
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    I too can help here, PM if help needed. I work in Thoraipakkam.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    LOL Gopi.

You will help him identify more issues in the car. :D
    1 person likes this.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Can we try and meet up tomorrow evening? Else, let me know where and I will drive down on Saturday. I work and live on OMR.
    And please, I drive 3 other Fiats regularly; so I am not saying Fiats are bad. Even my Car was comparatively way better a couple of months ago but now I hate the back breaking ride. I have a Linea and a 90 HP Sport in my office and another 75HP Punto of my friend. They all have a smooth ride. And I am not going to sell it. If Fiat can't fix it, I will take it to Pete's for Bilstein suspensions and a remap. It used to drive beautifully in the first few months.

Also, Tensigh himself has agreed that front shocks are defective and need to replaced under warranty. I am not afraid to spend money on my Car. I just sent 16K to change to better tires. I love my car and want it to drive like a normal Fiat.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sure man, provided my car is back from service. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

We all were behind relativity's catch of 90 HP & no way in hell he is going to sell it. He loves his car!
    I have read some popped up 2-3 posts of yours lately, it's hardly related to Automobiles.
    Realtivity has already Bought which he is not going to sell in near future, if you are up for test drive, PM him:dancing.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The advise was genuine and sincere. There was no sarcasm meant or intended. Not sure if you have noticed or remember, here is the thread started by Relativity, couple of months back. My thoughts were in line with that. Also, I would appreciate if Relativity speaks for himself. I am sure he can do that.

Sure, this is an Automobile forum, but there is no hard and fast rule that everything that anyone posts, need to be Automobile related. If I have posted something in a wrong section, please report the post, so admins can do what they need to do. In the very same post, part of which you have quoted, I have also spoken about Relativity's passion for his car. Please do not quote selectively and try to extract meanings that were never there.

Rajan
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Who said you are selling it.. it's a great car & i can see that you are in love with it. I trust you for suspension issue that front shock needs to be changed (since you test driven other FIAT's). Check out for the jerk after changing front shocks.