1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EVOLution!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Yagnik, Mar 8, 2015.

1. sidnaique

sidnaique Timido

Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Yagnik
    Congratulations on your new 'Beauty+Beast' :). I have booked my 90hp (Tuscan Wine) and the waiting period is killing me! You all know what I mean ;)
    Nice pics and good photoshop too ;).

BTW, just wanted to ask you about your parking sensors. How well are they integrated, since they don't come with the car? I mean do you see anything on any of the displays on the dash, or just the beep?

Thanks in advance!
    Sid.
  2. Yagnik

Yagnik Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Apologies, I was off the thread for some time. Thanks for those kind words :) Now coming to the Car, its running perfectly smooth, no errors or anything. But I have few questions
    1) In 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear, There is a strong pull and this has actually happened after the above said error message was displayed. Is this normal? as I have not driven a diesel car before.
    2) Also the car feels nervous while driving, almost like its floating on air! Is this normal?
    3) There are some rattling getting developed from the roof!

I am planning to get a few things done on the car
    1) 3M paint sealant
    2) 3M under body protection(is this really required in Bangalore?)
    3) Change in headlamps(projectors/bulb replacement- Experts please advise)
    4) Lower the suspension

Planning to get all these done during the first service

Thanks
    Yagnik
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 19, 2015 ---
    Hi @sidnaique, Congratulations on your purchase! and welcome to TFI :) Those pics where taken using my humble iPhone using HDR app, no Photoshop ;).

Now coming to your question, I got the parking sensors installed from the dealer. There is display and beep, its placed on the LHS on the dash, see that encircled in the pic below. I would also suggest you get a camera installed with the parking sensors, it will aid better whilst reversing.

IMG_1537.1.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  3. sidnaique

sidnaique Timido

Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @Yagnik,

Thanks for the detailed info and the picture. I was hoping it would be well integrated into the music system or the cluster. But safety matters in the end.

BTW, your iPhone does a better job than I can in photoshop ;-)

Thanks again,
    Sid.
  4. Yagnik

Yagnik Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Guys, can anyone help me with these issues?

1) The car feels nervous while driving at higher speeds( over 70kmph), almost like its floating on air, and also there is some slight wobble when driven slower speeds! Is this normal?
    2) There are some rattling being developed from the roof when driven over broken roads!

P.S: I drive very carefully over bumps and potholes, still these issues on a new car, keeps me worrying! Yet to take the car for first service.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Yagnik - First one is obviously a sign of wheel alignment in all probability. Check for tyre pressure too.
    Second one , I will advice you to ignore if not much , as fass will ask you to drop car for a couple of days, and who knows they might inject a few.
  6. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    For the first, below came to my mind:

1. Tyre pressure
    2. Wheel alignment
    3. Anti Roll bar
    4. Shocks mechanism

Check one by one and eliminate
  7. HAQUE

HAQUE Timido

BELLARY
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi,
    I m planning to buy punto evo 1.3 mjd. But there is one issue which many users is facing repeatedly in 1.3 MJD engine. That is sudden loss of power during acceleration. This issue is there with users since 2009-2010 to till date face lift punto evo user. U will get lengthy discussion about this problem in many threads.... how is your experience??