1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

EVOlution Started

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by an00p, Jan 26, 2015.

1. an00p

an00p Timido

Kozhikode
    Kerala
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hello All,

This is Anoop from Calicut, Kerala. I have been using MS Alto for the past 7 years and I realized that its time to upgrade my ride. I have now booked Punto EVO Emotion Diesel, White colour from KVR Calicut (kvrfiat.com). All of my friends and family were surprised about my decision as they were all telling me to choose Maruti or Hyundai.

My priorities were Ride quality and Safety. Checked POLO, Its a great car but price and maintenance was out of my reach. I also took test drive of TOYOTA LIVA and found it good to drive but the interior quality was very bad. Didn't liked it at all. We have a SWIFT in the family so It wasn't considered. I compared PUNTO with SWIFT as well and found how over prized is SWIFT !.

Punto meets all my requirements. SAFE, STYLISH and VFM

Now the Experience at KVR Calicut:
    I had a very good experience at KVR Calicut. The executive explained everything to me. Given both 90HP and 75HP models to test drive. Showed their workshop, accessories and in all it was a very good experience. I choose the 2014 Model since they were offering Rs.75K worth of discounts for 2014 model.

I got my Loan approved on last Saturday (24-01-2015) and KVR said my car will arrive on 28th Jan. Waiting to see my beauty now!

Decided to have the following extra fittings:

1) Roof rails
    2) Reverse camera (Sales executive promised 50% Discount for it)
    3) Door Sill (Non illuminated)

Any other suggestion guys? How is the audio quality? Does it need a speaker upgrade? I forgot to check it during the showroom visit.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A very healthy EVOlution indeed:)!Heartiest welcome to the TFI.
    Choose reverse camera & sensor combined system;that's most effective.
  3. an00p

an00p Timido

Kozhikode
    Kerala
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thank you! Very good suggestion.
    I'll talk with them to fit the combined system.
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats and welcome to TFI!
    I would not suggest you to go for reverse camera or sensors unless these are provided as OEM by Fiat. Reverse camera is not an OE fitment by Fiat. I wanted to get reverse camera for my Linea but that would void the warranty, hence didn't go ahead.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In such a system monitor(of the reverse camera) will display the distance(feed sent by the sensors) on it & there will also be a voice alarm.
  6. an00p

an00p Timido

Kozhikode
    Kerala
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Ohh! Is it true that it would void the warranty?
    The sales executive didn't say anything about that! :confused:
    I took extended Warranty as well (Total 5 Years).
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, it will void it for electrical related stuff. I have a written confirmation from Fiat India. Excerpt of their email below:
    "We got reply for our concern team that any non OE fitment of accessories will affect the warranty of car ."
    "We got reply for our concern team that we don’t approve the fitment. Any fitment from market/dealer for non genuine accessories is customer/fitting agency’s liability."
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @an00p !!
    Welcome to the forum. Do start an ownership thread, once you get it in your home.
  9. an00p

an00p Timido

Kozhikode
    Kerala
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Sure @pabhishek
    I am planning to cover all the events from 28th Jan, The day my EVO reaches the showroom.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mine was intact. Pl consult your dealership in this regard.
    prabhjot likes this.