1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Every 'P' has its story... Palio to Punto..

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by neoonwheels, Jun 1, 2010.

1. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Its not a Thud sound per say. Its more or less like "kkccccckchhhh", like an old spring. Will visit the ASS and ask them about the shock change.
  2. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

The issue was with the Right side Ball joint. The FASS lubricated the ball joint and put it back and now the noise has vanished. FIAT has 2 makes of Steering racks. Mine is manufactured by Rane and separate ball joint is not available for it. Since the ball joint is ok, lubrication did the trick. New rack is some 20K but does not seem to be a requirement for me as of now. If the noise again comes back, will have to go ahead with rack replacement which is a costly affair.
    Ganges likes this.
  3. HAQUE

HAQUE Timido

Punto Evo 1.3
    I m planning to buy punto evo 1.3 mjd. But there is one issue which many users is facing repeatedly in 1.3 MJD engine. That is sudden loss of power during acceleration. This issue is there with users since 2009-2010 to till date face lift punto evo user. U will get lengthy discussion about this problem in many threads.... how is your experience??
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi there. Welcome.

I can only say that this is surely a misperception. Such issues on the famously reliable mjd are statistically rare overall, that's my sense at least, and can have any number of reasons, usually small and easily remedied, though in very rare cases, serious. Our Punto mjd has never exhibited any such, for eg.

One or two 2014 Evo/Linea mjd owners have reported similar issues, it is true. Go through the ownership threads here and PM the particular owners who faced this issue. Just be sure to PDI your particular car totally and thoroughly, and you should be fine. Of course, some risk of this or that remains, BUT that is true of any car from any dealer from any brand, no?

I'd consider other factors in my purchase decision if I were in your place, NOT this one. There is a lot more info on fiats on the net, even detailed and knowledgeable ownership reports, far out of proportion to models of other brands, and so even statistically rare (ostensible) 'issues' tend to come across as common and rife and loom large.

cheers, let us know how you will have proceeded, will you?
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    @HAQUE, loss of power can happen due to loose turbo hoses (a very quick fix), or due to some fuel issues or maybe some sensor problems etc. which can easily be diagnosed with a scanner/Examiner computer tool. Pretty much most major issues throw up via a fault code including an EGR related problem.

Do not worry it is not so much a complex engine now for a trained or experience mechanic outside of FASC too given that multijets in particular are THE most popular-populous diesel engine running reliably and successfully in cars across brands in India and abroad too.

You will love the EVO and all that it has to offer and realize that it is a great decision only when you buy a Fiat. Apart from the terrific engine there is a lot more in a Fiat that makes it a better than most car. Which one do you plan, 75 or 90hp?
    prabhjot likes this.