1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Every 'P' has its story... Palio to Punto..

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by neoonwheels, Jun 1, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Average maintenance cost for petrol and diesel cars are almost in the same range these days. So calculations based on average running per month may not be that relevant now.
  2. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    And since around 28K KM, I have even achieved the break even :). So its all savings for me on fuel henceforth !
  3. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Added another 10000km to the Odo smile.gif . The overall ownership experience has been good to say the least. This time, I would stick to the monetary terms as far as ownership is concerned so that people would get an idea about up-keeping this car.

Got the car on: 12th Mar 2010
    Total diesel consumed: 2355 ltrs
    Average FE over 40000km: 16.98 kmpl
    Servicing cost (4) : 21727/-
    Running repair (Parts, consumables etc): 15283/-
    Add ons (Sunfilms, underbody coat etc): 6300/-
    Accident repair: 4400 (Windshield, right mirror glass, right headlamp)
    Insurance (Till now): 29260/-

Cost per KM (Diesel): 2.79/-
    Cost per KM (Diesel + upkeep): 4.76/-
    2 people like this.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seeing you online after a long time. Good to hear positive feedback about your FIAT. :)
  5. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Its been a wonderful affair with this beauty. Would be completing 4 years on 12th March. Following is the overall ownership update on the maintenance front. Also, would be putting on new tires soon.

StotySoFar1.png

PS: Diesel per KM and Cost per KM is in Rupees. Also the cost per KM is = Diesel + Servicing + Insurance + Running repair + AddOns
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    3 people like this.
  6. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Here is the 52K KM update from my side. The car would be completing 5 years on 12th Mar :)

Punto_Summary.png
    pabhishek, varunrtr and sandipan_r15 like this.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What a job man!!!!!
    It's really amazing how meticulously you have kept note of everything year after year for 5 years.Keep it up man.
    neoonwheels likes this.
  8. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Update: 6th service done at 53K KM (60K service)

1. The total bill came to 13500/-
    2. Engine oil, brake fluid, transmission oil, PS oil changed
    3. All filters changed
    4. The front right suspension was creating a kchhhh kcchhh noise - Narrowed down to Strut pad. As of now changed only the problematic one - 2500/- (Included in 13500/-)

The car feels like "almost" new. May be in 2-3 months, would change the right side strut pad as well. Early next month the car would complete 5 years and in all probability would get a gift in form of a "remap" biggrin.gif

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Guys facing an issue with the driver side suspension. Whenever the driver side front wheel goes on a speed breaker or a pot hole, I hear a distinct "kccchhh" noise. Its like sitting on a very old spring based sofa and it making a noise. To fix this, Pandit auto pune asked me to replace elastic pads. I changed only the driver side since I could hear it from my side of the car. The old elastic pad (Hopefully may car's) was kept in the boot. For couple of weeks, it was all ok. Now I can again hear the same noise. This happens only when I go on the speed breaker at slower speed.

Should I replace the other pad as well? Also is there any other part that I should look fr replacement? Like Steering mount/column etc?
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Change the shock-abs.will solve the issue.
    The return travel time after the pressure applied to the shock abs was not quick,hence i too changed the shock -abs.it was RH.

For more details refere here. Costs 1126/- and labour charges 540/-
    neoonwheels likes this.