1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Every 'P' has its story... Palio to Punto..

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by neoonwheels, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Atleast Fiat should wake up now and get back their customer base...
  2. raamki

Neo, talk TASS about this, me thinks you can claim warranty on the exterior paint provided by FIAT for this repair.
  3. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Paid a visit to BUB for :
    1. Under body antirust coating: 3M antirust coat for 2800/- with 5 years warranty
    2. Front right fog lamp: They changed the fuse and now its working ok. Done Free of Cost
    3. Free Monsoon check up: Nothing special. Only regular checks with wipers blade inspection etc

Went to BUB at 10 AM and was out by 12 PM
  4. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Good deal over under body coating!
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

I thought both Linea and Punto already come with an under body coating. At least I saw it on my Linea when it was hoisted. Is it worthwhile to get it done even though it is already present? Please advise.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Its a "nice-to-have" item & not "must-have" item. Its kind of "feel-good" item. My view is most cars today come with such basic precautions. Rusting to the underbody & engine parts in modern age car is a far-fetched scenario. And yes, Linea has a basic coat underbody. The color is silver & when you touch it its kinda rubbery.
  7. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Its been almost 5 months since I bought the car. This car has surely made me travel like never before. I have completed 5000km in 4.5 months. This car is a real all rounder and it has really done well on my parameters. She just loves to munch miles. Following is my brief ownership report so far:

Ownership: I have covered 5000 km in just 4.5 months now and I always look forward to her for spins. I have done almost 6 trips to Mumbai and couple of to Mahabaleshwar. She just loves to munch miles. Its a pleasure taking her on open highways. Typically I stick to around 100 kmph and she is a delight to drive. Initially the engine noise was well notived above 100 but since few days now (After 3800 km), the engine noise has reduced consderably post 100 kmph. I have touched 155 couple of time for a brief period but after 130 the engine just shouts at you. I really enjoy it but then not everybody like engine noise. She takes time to reach 150+ but then you can maintain that speed without much an issue. So for past few days the noise has reduced a lot. This is surely welcome and prospective customers can be rest assured about it. Many guys on the forum mentioned it.

Since I bought the car, I have spent only 300/- on the servicing (1st - oil topup). Apart from that not a single penny on maintanance. I have done the 3M sun filming on sides (3500/-) and undebody treatment (2800/-). My driving is typically mix of City and highway. In 4.5 months, I have done 15
    tankfuls. The best FE till date is:- 17.8 kmpl and worst is: 13 kmpl. So these days, I get 16.5-17.5 kmpl on a city-hw run. I keep the ACC always on and mostly set to 22C.

Issues: Of course I faced few issues since I bought her. First it was the the "Krrr" noise from rear right. The service guys changed the suspension for that but the main problem was with the seats. I did not fix it properly and this caused the "krrrr" sound. The servicing guys were very helpful during the dignosis. The another issue was when the front right Fog stopped working on its own. When I took the car to the service, the issue was diagnosed as a blown up fuse. They changed it immediately and voila it started working again. Apart from this no other issue. I did not face any falling plastic part, misaligned dashboard drawer problem etc.

Service: The 1st servicing was done in Jun and I did not face any dealer related issue as of now. I am a regular customer of this A** since 2007 as I had Palio before Punto. I know few of the guys since couple of years now. I never found the A** a problem here.

In Jun, I had received a call from FIAT Italy about the ownership feedback. It was a half hour call about the overall feedback about the car, issues etc. I had mentioned them about the fog lamp and I said I will be going to the service center in due course. To my surprise, after 3 weeks, I again got a call from FIAT Italy. They asked me about the fog lamp status. I told them it is fixed now and the reason was blown up fuse. They have registered this in their system.

Overall, I would rank the ownership experience as 9/10. I did not find the plastic quality to be as horrible as writting off the car. Probably the interior needs to be cleaned every 3/4 months to keep it in good shape. I can happily say that I did not make any mistake by going in for Punto. Its certainly a VFM car in its category.

1. Great handling and brilliant ride quality
    2. BluenMe system - A fun and convenient way to stay connected
    3. Auto climate control - No playing around with knobs. Set and forget
    4. Good Fuel Economy - Highway economy is brilliant. Around 20 kmpl
    5. Good and easy to drive in city - Thanks to MJD torque

1. A pillar at times creates a blind spot
    2. 2nd gear could have been better
    3. USB pen drive location
  8. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Nice Crisp & to the point Update Abhijit..!!

I also noticed that, there is a booming sound from the engine above 2500 RPM, and i seriously think that this car should have a sixth Gear for more confortable cruising at high speed.
    No doubt, it is fantastic to cruise at 100 KMPH in this beauty, absolutely divine :) Outstanding Ride & handling coupled with an awesome Fuel Efficiency. A Lot of Punto owners have reported that the engine becomes VERY refined after 5000 Kms. That is great, i wonder has FIAT done some Programming in the ECU for refinement ::V or it is a normal Characteristic of the Multijet Engine. But suprisingly, none of the Linea Multijet Owners have reported this change for the refinement in the Engine ::pP

The Punto is a Rock Star on the highways :up . Enjoy Munching more miles in your beauty and keep us updated on the other aspects of the Car.

9. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Indeed its a nice and to the point review. keep reving.
  10. This was just a Rs 40 thing - Got a USB extension cable around 3 ft long and plugged it in. So, my memory stick is free to lie around anywhere in the multiple recesses around the gear lever. :cool:
    Indeed, the truly "remote" location of the USB point brings annoyance. :mad: