1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Evergreen" FIAT 1100 - 1954 to 1972

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Arun1100, Aug 10, 2010.

1. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Premier Padmini is my dream car. I have lots of childhood & college life memories

Premier padmini is a car that almost owned by everyone's dad of this website.

We had a premier padmini petrol. Unbeleivable milege 17km/lt.

In 1999 we sold it.& purchased Uno
    Now Iam searching my padmini.Iam sending an application to local RTO for seeking name & address of present owner.

I will purchase it like theme of film "Diwaar" like Big B.
    In Deewar film Big B purchases the building where his mother works as a labour
    & I will cherish it like a retro car.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Amol: I can understand how you are feeling without the Padmini in your garage! I am having my Dad's Padmini 1991 model. Its run just 30k kms. I just love it just like my parents and sisters.

Please do share some pics of your Padmini here.

All the best for your search of your Padmini.
  3. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Offfff Ohhooo! I can understand the sentiments.
    After the demise of my grandfather in 1969, my father also sold his FIAT1100(2nd hand taken in 1962) to someone else.
    Till 1999 -2000 I was also not very keen about FIATs. Sometime in 2001 when I've asked my dad about the car, he literally doesn't remember anything. Unfortunately I have no number, no photo, no paper nothing.
    But I'l not repeat the mistake. I'l own my Padmini ( and now linea) till my last breath. I will donate to one of my close FIAT fans in my last days. Because I feel if it remains in good condition and some hardcore FIAT fan takes care, then only my soul will rest in peace.
    2 people like this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Very well said nk4fiat. Proud to be owner of Fiat.
  5. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Arun,
    Can you continue the thread with major models of PAL from 1972 to 1999.
    I mean to say Petrol Padmini various versions till S1, 118NE, 137D, 138D .
    I know you must be having all models photos and brief tech info handy with you.
    This will creat a good value addition to this thread and of course complete info till 1999(the most unfortunate year,PAL gets shut down)
  6. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    I own two Padmini - My Dad's 1991 Padmini Economy and I recently bought another 1990 Padmini Standard. :dance

Narendraji,
    Its time for you to enlighten this thread again with details of Padmini. PLEASE! :redcar
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Spotted this well maintained Padmini in Hubli.Owner has repainted it & has put 185' tyres with sexy alloys.

20131106_152843.jpg

20131106_152919.jpg

20131106_152932.jpg

20131106_153003.jpg
    2 people like this.
  8. Punto834

Punto834 Timido

GOA,VASCO DA GAMA
    @nadeem ahmedVR46:eek:hh boy,this is just adding fuel to fire.."mahn"i just re-started my search for a padmini(1100D)there are acouple in goa but their owners dont want to part from the priced possesion.(understandable even i wud not have)

@Aun1100:Ohh i envy you brother.for owning those two Fiats!!
  9. There is one FIAT 1100 D of 1961 model, single owner car, but he doesn't want sell but want's to restore.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  10. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Our tryst with 'Fiat'

We owned this car for almost a decade. My age, for the most part of it, was in single digits. I still remember the pride I felt at having bought a Fiat ( I didn't know nor cared for the 'Premier' connection back then ). I used to brag to my friends about the 'sporty' exhaust note it had ( I still like it, but maybe that's just me ). I even had my own 'accident' stories in it when I went all *road-rage gangsta* in the parked car and accidentally depressed the clutch and shifted into neutral ( I didn't know then, but in retrospection, I guess that's what happened ) and set the car into motion. The car hit the garage door and came to a halt. Or the time when I wanted to switch on the fog lamps while on a drive ( Hey I thought it'd look cool :cool:) and accidentally pulled some other wire that caused the entire cabin to be filled in thick smoke, so much so that we had to abandon the car and go in search of a mechanic!
    We sold the car to my uncle when my father fell sick. He didn't recover from that illness and neither did our hope of buying that car back.
    My pull towards Fiat was so strong that when I wanted to buy a car, my first choice was a Palio. But somehow things didn't work out and I had to abandon the plan. Ultimately when I did buy a car, it was a Punto. Never had any sort of inclination to any other manufacturer...still don't.
    It's true what they say... FIAT- GOT HEART. :D

IMG_20131121_112442.jpg
    2 people like this.