1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"Evergreen" FIAT 1100 - 1954 to 1972

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Arun1100, Aug 10, 2010.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    FANTASTIC thread!! Absolutely fantastic! I have always loved the dukkar Fiat ::D
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Fantastic. :clap Very informative.
    I drove a Fiat 1100 Delight from 1994 - 2001. It was my first car :car
  3. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    My dads first car was a FIAT , it was a second hand padmini and my first car(in india ) also happens to be FIAT .... guess the fiat runs in the blood
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Brilliant Thread with snippets of information & carefully chosen few relevant pics for each model (Front, Back, Side & Cabin) !! :up
  5. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Glad that all you guys liked this thread. :)

Believe me, I myself didn't know anything about various models of Fiat 1100, till a year back.. It took me almost 6 months to differentiate between these various models.

I'm sure many didn't know what a Fiat 1100 is, before reading this thread! :wink:
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Simply great Arun.....
  7. @ Arun: Brilliantly scripted about the FIAT's. Keep it up :D

This little thread says a lot about the FIAT's, and I am glad that we have those oldies in our FCB's :)
  8. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Story Continued........

After 1972, Premier Automobiles Limited started manufacturing Fiat 1100 by naming them as Premier President.

Premier President was manufactured only in 1973.

From 1974 came the first Model of Premier Padmini.

President, Padmini and Fiat 1100 Delight just had few cosmetic changes.

There were many models in Padmini with minor cosmetic differences. In mid '90s PAL got some engine modifications done in AVL, Austria. This engine had a different cam shaft, new cooling system and some carburettor differences. Initially it was proposed to be named as "Ragini" but ended up to be named as "s1". This model was released sometime in 1995. The gear box used was of Nissan. Another model of Padmini similar to 118ne front looks was designed, named "s1". But it never came to the market.

Finally, PAL stopped manufacturing Padmini sometime in 1997.
  9. Re: Story Continued........

Any idea on Why was the Look alike of 118NE never saw Indian Roads ?
  10. due to some internal problems in Premier company, they faced huge loss and they could not even pay back the booking amount to many customers. they thought if they continue to release expected models they could be no where in the market as many car companies hit the India by that time with less delivery time and more modern looks and features.