1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Etios Liva... How to sell a car... Lesson 1

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by sid_10000, Jul 10, 2011.

1. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Guys,

Check out the strategy & the marketing skills at play for the newest member of Toyota Family. Though frugal and not happening, the adverts and the gimmicks make it the next best thing in the market after its overbooked sedan.

Few very prominant things to notice:
    1. Look at the coverage on all news channels, magazines & talk shows... Its everywhere.
    2. Live chat for Etios Liva for 3-4 days on zigwheels. A novel concept for future buyers (most of whom would be buying for their 1st car)
    3. A hip and happening TV advert. Shows it as a youngster's car with SMS lingo.
    4. Liva has its own song... From AR Rehman .. :) This is the way to go.

I am sure this will eat into the existing hatch' sales.

Amongst all this where is FIAT??? Not even a single print / TV advert?? Despite having a gem of a car in Punto as hatch there is almost no focus on selling this hot hatch. This neglect is criminal and unfair to the current owners who have to explain why we bought from a company that mass produced taxis few decades back and has a horrible ASS (despite we knowing that most of these old thoughts are crap).

If FIAT cannot learn and emulate, then its time to let the sales drop and focus in selling engines that other companies call their own in their adverts... :(
  2. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Liva is everywhere, click anywhere on the Internet and Liva is there. I did have a chat with the Zigwheels guys, they don't seem to know much abt Liva but are promoting it well. They say it is the only car in Hatch seg with EBD+ABS, when I asked them how abt Punto they replied they are comparing only 1.2L cars. When I said that for almost the price of 1.2 Fiat is offering 1.4 they had no reply. They didn't even reply on quite a few other questions as well.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Agreed.

But for all this you need financial muscle.

Comparing Toyota's financial muscle with FIAT's is like comparing Arnold Schwarzenegger with Rajpal Yadav.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    :evilsmile:evilsmile:evilsmile:clapping:clapping:clap:clap:lol::lol:

What a comparison ....
    Simplest way to explain :D
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Well its not just financial muscle. It also depends on how seriously the manufacturer is looking at a particular market. FIAT is happy (??) with meagre sales and trying to make money from selling engines and trannys to others.

Its not as if Toyota isn't under the cosh right now. They have had some really bad times over the last two years with falling quarterly profits and quality issues (what with so many recalls in a very short time). Still they know they will have to invest in a new product to get it going in a particular market. When will FIAT wake up? I guess even God won't know the answer to that.
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    LOL... :)

Jokes Apart.. I question the Intent rather than financial might of FIAT. I am sure a fine businessman with a few good marketing heads around him will find no trouble in selling a car packed with features. Then Why Not??

Toyota had a tough time in past with recalls and quality issues but they still manage to be spot on with their product that will appease a brand concious & average Indian.

Look at the promotions for these cars: Mirca / Astar / Etios / Even Mahindra can manage ads for Logan and verito... why not FIAT???
  7. mayurbhatia

mayurbhatia

Pune
    So true. Liva is no where in Fiat's league of cars but am sure it would sell just like the Etios sedan. And all this is thanks to the fantastic publicity that Toyota is doing.

Fiat sure must learn and do atleast 10% of what other car manufacturers are doing.

But then I have a doubt. With the kind of research that people do before buying a car, would advertisements and other publicity stunts hide the defects of a not so good hatch? I am sure not many people would fall for it. I have heard horror stories with Etios sedan already.
  8. lol!!!

yesterday happened to see 10 liva's placed in many bigger centers of the city, waiting for a test drive.!!
    the sales men were like this is better than the etios since it is new and all the problems in that car have been solved!!
    i was like laughing on my way home all the way!!
  9. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Mate while you laugh your way to home. Toyota will laugh their way to Banks with money in their pockets.
    Look at that. 10 cars ready for test drive to catch attention and place the cars firm in the buyer's mind.. Isn't that fantastic?
    Don't look at the product.. just look at the placement and effectiveness of their marketing strategy.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  10. It will be interesting to see how maruti and Hyundai respond to this,as this car will possibly eating into Swift, i10/i20.