1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ETIOS LIVA caught Testing !!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ansal11, Jan 16, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ Gurji what if you have choice to choose in between Toyota and FIAT?
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Kedar Bhai, in the 1.3 segment - FIAT. No two opinions. It is the benchmark in this segment.

Others - Toyota!

Sadly , the real Toyota masterpieces never came to India. :(
  3. I guess Corolla is their best ever sold car by Toyota,but it did not sell in any great numbers in India.
    What I like about them is customer oriented approach,but sadly when I hear them talking power to weight ratio , I fail to distinguish them from other Jap or korean auto majors.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks Kedar for the info. But for a very light weighted car like Etios, I think this is enough :). I second Gurjinder on the engine reliability aspects of Toyota. But these reviewers are making hell lot of $$$ for their blind reviews and majority of the people go by their words also. I find it quiet surprising or can say disappointed when I don't see FIAT brand when they do comparison tests most of the time. There was a time when even I used to buy these mags and believe in all these reviews. Not anymore.
  5. Questions to be asked?
    what about safety aspect of Liva/Etios? have they been through crash testing?other than the Toyota badge what is the compelling reason the buy this car?
    I still remember my friend had to pay 21K(Rs 21000) for power windows motor for his 2005 corolla,with limited number of dealers how they stand up to competition?
  6. D-4D engines still have issues with white smoke coming out of tail pipe, note that these engines have particulate filters but I read some where MJD doesn't have particulate filter but still being able to meet EuroV emission standards.
    source http://www.carbibles.com/fuel_engine_bible.html, also Team BHP has several articles on this.
    Non-crash tested chassis+ unresolved engine issues,this car will never make into my garage.
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...668-toyota-liva-diesel-test-drive-review.html
    Above review on TBHP doesn't include Punto and you can also see the very unconvincing/unsatisfactory response from mods.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sat-Chit-ananda agreed.

When I read this review, even I also eyed on that post and also read the mods response.....

I think people afraid to include Punto MJD in its comparison tests & due to this reason they are giving silly excuses.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why do you want to Compare Punto with Liva :)?
    Punto is in the segment above Liva. I would not compare with it any day.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Lets not take example of Liva Review. Think of any other cars review. How many times Punto stands there as a competitor.

Reviewer gives silly reason like poor sales number of the car. Does this really matter when you are comparing a new car with it rivals in the market.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Agreed. This should not be the reason anyway.