1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ETIOS LIVA caught Testing !!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ansal11, Jan 16, 2011.

1. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Done... Me wrote my mind too on the video...
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Here come the diesel ducklings from Toyota.

Fully imported diesel engines, maybe from a S.E.Asian country. Not Japan i reckon. Any info? Toyota makes some of the most bulletproof engines in the world, but the cars in which they are putting this engine is just downright cheap.

As always the newspaper guys have amnesia when it comes to adding Punto or Linea in the comparo lists.

10092011845.jpg
  3. +1 Media or reviews are biased. You watch every car n bike show and they will never talk about Fiat in comparison test. Media is doing it job for what it is "paid" for. I do not think it is the fault of media or reviewer however it is fault of Fiat's marketing folks. Both Liva and Etios are ugly ducklings and selling just on the loyalty build for higher end vehicles. I do not understand why Fiat is so relaxed and happy "selling" engines in India... I sometimes think, Is Fiat really serious about Indian market?
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Gurjinder - You need to take this on a positive note, As in the Fiat's can't be compared with these at all
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Good news folks. They have removed all the comments & they have disabled comments.
  6. ayanbiswas

ayanbiswas Timido

Mumbai
    Drove my friends Liva last week, was not very impressed with the interiors and the notchy gearbox. The pickup was excellent though.
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Was watching the Etios diesel tiwns review by Zigwheels yesterday where they apparently drove these cars from Bangalore to Pune.

I am quoting from the review below. Very senior reviewer driving the Etios Liva Diesel:

I have been driving this car since morning and have driven 500 kms so far. I have to say the engine is very reliable.

I really didn't know how to react!
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Amit I believe it is the same d4d engine which powers the corolla altis right. Well I would say the D4D engines are reliable and I dont see anything wrong in that. I am not talking about the performance or turbo lag. Just the reliability of engine. Are you trying to say that he did a blank review just on driving 500 kms ?. Sorry I didn't get your point.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Cinju this not the same engine which powers Altis. Altis has VGT and ETIOS & LIVA has FGT & so is the difference. There is hell lot of difference in power of the engine.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    LOL. WTF.

I'm sure the same reviewer after 5,00,000 km's in a FIAT would say the FIAT was not reliable. Because he did not get the $$$.;)

These auto mags are all a bunch of losers.

P.S. Toyota has made some of the most reliable engines ever. If i were to choose blindfolded between Toyota or any other for an engine choice, i'd choose Toyota everytime.