1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ETIOS LIVA caught Testing !!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ansal11, Jan 16, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ravi agreed that Punto 1.2 is fairly priced in India. No doubt.

But Punto 1.2 does not come with ABS, Airbags like safty features, alloys, wider tyres. What about that?

I am not here to point out Punto but those are facts if you are looking price perspective. :confused:
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can buy top-end, E-Pack Punto, 1.4 L engine, on same price as top-end model of Liva.

Again, I don't want to compare Punto with Liva for various reasons, I was only replying to Sumit's posts, that Punto should reduce the price. And my thinking is the Punto already priced properly.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Ravi you're right. Car for car there is no comparison between Liva top end and Punto E+. It has garish interiors and exteriors. Utter trash.
    But who cares in our country? ! Toyota badging & ARAI certified 18.31 kmpl are enough to lure many many buyers.

I have extreme respect for Toyota as a manufacturer and my favourite car and engine happen to be from the Toyota stable only ; but they are treating India shabbily by overpricing their wares.

Gurjinder.
    P.S. Only yesterday my Dad said Liva Diesel - whenever it'll be launched- would be a good candidate to replace our Palio D.:(
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    @Gurjinder paaji- What about your ninja 250??
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    OT-

Jishnu paaji , it was in the grand pranks thread!! :devil

TFIan pioneeraaron claimed to win a Ducati Monster in that thread :lol:

Cheers!
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    A review by Autocar

See how the reviewer desperately tries not to criticize the Liva and when she does, she offers an excuse that its not really a fault of Toyota.

Toyota's financial muscle is all too visible here. And so is the paid-for-biasedness of these auto-mags.

E.g. The poor plastics are termed "acceptable" , the Ground Clearance of 170mm is "good", the equipment level is "good" and many more which you yourself can see.

And, yes the GC of 171mm for Punto MJD is bad. But 170 in Liva is good.

Pity all the poor souls who would be swayed by the opinion of these auto mags.

Gurjinder.

P.S. Thanks Ravi for correcting the video link.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  7. man is that video a Toyota commercial?
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    +1 to Gurjinder, As she said that its a cost cutting car, and the seats are also looking as the cheap fabric, But the people are just following the brand, I bet majority of the people who has booked the car foes not know the Punto and its dimensions.
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    I've commented the following on the comments page of Autocar's review of the Liva.

Hi
    I'm disappointed by the biased review of the Toyota Liva. The things for which you excused the Liva were the exact same things for which you heavily criticized other cars.
    This review is a total fail

Registered Youtube users are requested to visit this link on youtube and give a thumbs up to the comment. So that it gains some popularity and shames Autocar.

Gurjinder.
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Toyota is claiming UNMATCHED warranty of 3 years/1,00,000km's for Liva.

The market will never know that the extended warranty of FIAT is the best in the country. Alas!

FIAT should start giving 4 years/1,50,000km's warranty as standard.

Gurjinder