1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ETIOS LIVA caught Testing !!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ansal11, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Here is another detailed review of LIVA given in another forum. It has got a well detailed review. But what disappointed me was Etios Liva was compared with all other hatchbacks except punto :confused:. Link here
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Those guys aren't exactly pro FIAT.

And in the end of the 'review' , it feels like a friggin Toyota advertisement for its factory. :lol:

Toyota did get their pound of flesh in the end. They provided them free travel and a car to drive ; but got much more in return by getting these guys to rave about the Toyota factory in their 'review'. And people are already going gaga over the factory.
    And that'll make the boffins at Toyota smile.

So much for being un-biased.

The pricing is typical Toyota. Aiming at the Punto/i20 with its top model , yet giving quality which cannot even shame a Swift. And that is saying something.

Gurjinder.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Liva is going to hurt Punto with its spot on pricing.
  4. again its a petrol variant
    Doesnt interest me much.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Do you really want to read that, when the T badge has worst interiors it's okay. The same on Fiat is unacceptable. I've now come to believe that they are so anti-fiat.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is it?
    I think you are one of the most critical to voice your opinion that Punto is priced on higher side, not sure how you find Liva so spot on pricing.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    u cant be serious with that statement!! :)
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    what i meant to say is that Liva is in the sub 4 lakh category. prospective buyers will find it more affordable to own without checking in the features it offers in comparision to Punto. only enthusiasts like us will look deep into it as to which one is better VFM.

i think Fiat shud reduce its price in all its existing range to be more popular among buyers.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Zigwheels compared Toyota Liva with its competitors. Have a look what zigwheels is saying in Punto 1.2 & Liva comparison.

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2

The Punto looks great, but in this avatar it has by far the weakest engine to power this really promising car. In fact, the 1.2-petrol option is here only for excise benefits, and seriously reduces the entry price-point of the European hatch. It has size, space and looks on its side, but that’s about it. The Liva on the other hand is a purpose-built 1.2 hatch, and though it may not look as good or is as large as the Grande Punto, it drives with ease, and comes out on top compared to this particular 1.2-litre variant of the Fiat.

Source:- http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-ad...n-check-toyota-etios-liva-vs-hatchpack/8822/5
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I hope this should clarify you about pricing. Also compare the 2 cars.
    Now you shouldn't have doubt that Punto is fairly priced in India.

Punto.jpg

Liva.jpg