1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ETIOS LIVA caught Testing !!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ansal11, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It has an 90's look, What is Toyota is upto.........
    The rear look is way back of the Uno's era, People will go for this Duck only because of Toyota Badge nothing else.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Toyota are going downhill with their new launches. Only the LC Prado 150 is worth a mention.

Instead of this crap , they could've launched a Yaris 1.4D4D priced in the Punto , i20 range. That would've made sense.

This ugly duckling is only good for offering competition to another ugly duckling. No prizes for guessing! :p

Gurjinder
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Some years ago I wished they brought the Yaris to India. Now that I have the Punto, I really don't care what they do.
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Got this info from a FIAT official...Toyota Japan didnt want Toyota India at all to release the Etios and Liva..Cuz Toyota is not known for such kinda cars..This fight was goin for mabbe 2-4yrs after which finally the parent company gave up and today is the result what we all see :A Toyota India :thumbs down
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    From the sides it really looks like an alto .Rear except for the tail lamp and small curves, again alto ..Once Honda Brio (I personally didn't like the design..) is launched, I think Toyota may have to start thinking of a design change. Remember Qualis .. it was one of Toyota's most outdated model, but it sold more than what they could imagine. All that matters for people is the brand name 'Toyota'.
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Honda Brio and Toyota Etios Liva are a different breed. If you compare it to Punto then its not a fair trial. Think from Brand value and VFM perspective then these companies have hit a sweet spot in India's consumer's mind.... These hatches (no matter how odd they look) will be in numbers plainly because of the stable they are coming from.....

Instead of cussing them and telling eachother how fantastic our cars are... this is a move FIAT could have taken years ago with smaller engines or with hatches for the masses. Remember one company's miss is another's gain....

All FIAT can do is to watch and learn and then wonder on the dismal sales of their cars...
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Dunno why the boffins at Toyota didn't give it the 1.4 D4D.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Toyota Etios Pricing

Prices start at 3.99 – J , 4.59 -G, 5.09 – G(SP), 5.49 V and the top VX wil set you back by 5.99 (Lakhs – Ex Showroom). Points from the launch so far –

1. The Liva will be powered by the 4 Cylinder, 16V DOHC, 1197 Cc Petrol engine which will give out 80 PS @ 5600 rpm and 104 NM of Torque @ 3100 rpm.
    2. J & G variants will sport 175/65 R14 tyres while the V & VX will get 185/60 R15 tyres

3. Kerb Weight – J (890), G(900) & V – Vx (920) kgs
    4. Suspension – McPherson Strut (Front) & Torsion Beam (Rear)
    5. Ground Clearance – 170 mm
    6. Wheelbase – 2460 mm
    7. Total Length – 3775 mm
    8. The Live will target the Youth and will have the tagline – LIV TMRRW 2DAY
    9. Deliveries start tomorrow itself.
    7. Toyota plans to sell total 60000 units of the Etios Sedan and the hatch, have aready sold 20000 units of the Etios Sedan.
    8. Toyota will study the market before launching the Diesel Variant.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  10. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    I happened to see ETIOS while I went for a free service of Teflon coat for my Punto, it's interiors are not at allimpressive and the plastic and overall material quality is also pretty down-market, at least I didn't like the plastic quality at all!!
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011