1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

eNVe's Ride - Exotic Red Punto 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by eNVe, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Sooper. thanks Venkat. i will watch out for getting this done in Motomal. Do they drill the plastics to fit this? I also read that you had some rattling noise coming out of it... is there anything that could be done while fitting could avoid it?
  2. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

They had to put couple of holes on the cup holder to fix the arm rest. The rattling is coming from the arm rest itself... not sure everyone faces it or mine is behaving like that... just mention my name to them and tell that am facing this issue, may be they can do something while fitting...
    Btw, if you order it in ebay, you can save Rs 500 /- and get it fixed by urself or by any shop for max of 100 bucks... just rethink if you are going to motomall just for this.
  3. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Thanks for the input Venkat...

When i checked in Rediff shopping, i saw an Universan handrest (the picture was same as what you had) for Rs.900 Im not sure if this is the same as what you had. What im afraid is about the quality when we order it online and the rattles resulting from bad quality !

I was planning to add bumper strips and side door strips in motomal when i get there. Im looking for a black/chrome combo since mine is a medium grey GP. I dont mind paying a little extra if they have good products and do a good job in fitting. i also thing they would respond properly in case something gets messed up after a few days or something isnt it?
  4. teky

teky Esperto

I can vouch for that, had a relay gone and it was replaced without a question. Pawan is a fantastic person to interaction with and genuinely works towards satisfying customers.

Why this kolaveri on Fiat
  5. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Narayan, i have to take my word back :(
    Was able to double fold the 40% without any issues... but 60% exactly stays over the arm rest... so not folding completley... but still it serves its purpose... you will have lot of boot space...

Still if you want your seat double folded perfectly, you can remove the arm rest, i removed and re fixed it in 5 mins... actually moved a bit forward... you dont need driller to put screw there... the cup holder is soft enough , you can do it with screwdriver....

Sorry for not posting the pics... didnt have camera at that time...

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Tats the main reason i have got everything from Motomall... Pavan is too good , but Subbu is pure businessman.
  6. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Wow wow wow...
    Good to be back after 40 days... due to some reason, didnt get chance to login to our site...
    missed the Chennai meet :(

I have completed 5k and done with my first service as well.
    Just had typical rattles, shaky seats, non-smooth door closing , wobbling >150 KMPH etc etc...
    All those issues were identified, but there are still few more issues which are pending, probably need your input folks

1) Once i tried installing ecodrive on my punto, after i notice a strange issue... my media player plays only the first song on few folders, not on all folders... even it doesn't even recognize other songs... SA advised to update the Blue&Me , which i could not do it that day... any suggestions?

2) Never had problems in changing the car frequently and driving... but things were different on that day... i have taken my family out on my Xylo , returned back in my uncle's swift , there again i had to park my Xylo and Punto at my house... after driving Punto for last 2 months, my xylo felt very slow (which was quick enough before...Punto effect ah) ...to make the things worse the electricity wasn't there and it was pitch black... parked my outside my house... took my Punto out of the parking and wanted to park in side... engaged the first gear and wanted to move the car very slowly... but when i accelerated, the Punto was very quick moving and i dashed my left door to the pillar :(
    got a big dent on left door and few scratches on door & OVRM :( felt very bad

Checked with the bodyshop, they said it could be fixed, but the entire door to be painted and there will be a slight difference of color :'( and they wanted me to leave the car for 5 days ... am confused... i dont want to have a door looking different...
    i guess its same as Srida's car...
    @Srida , buddy a company for u ....
    IMG_0111.jpg IMG_0112.jpg
    Suggestion please guys....

And i am still waiting for my Spoiler to come... gotta call from my dealer couple of weeks before... went to get the spoiler fixed....
    it was a huge shock to see the Kumar spoiler in place of OEM... OMGGGGGGGGG... logged into our site and showed them what is OEM and what is kumar spoiler...
    now they have ordered OEM again and am waiting for it...
    few pics with Kumar spoiler in place...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  7. shams

shams Esperto

@eNVe, dents on the door are bearable to my eyes but that spoiler isn't. It looks really bad. Please get rid of it ASAP

And how can any bodyshop say straight away that paint will be slightly different. this is too much!!
    Chennai Fiatians would surely help you out in directing you to the best body shop there..
  8. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

@Shams, i didnt fit it at all... just took some pics by holding it on my Punto... it looks yuck....
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Shams, the dent is minor as per the picture and Y will they paint the complete door????????
    Just a professional touch up will do wonder as the dent can be pulled back after the inside door padding is removed.
    check with the professional denters,
    But get rid of that spoiler, its will give the punto a cheap look.
  10. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Media played problem is resolved , turned out to be the problem with songs... not sure why its being deteced in my friend's i20.
    Still thiking of wat to do for the dent :(

Guys, want to upgrade the speakers... budget is 15K max... Chennai folks... any suggestions? i would be happy with comps, but havent checked out in any other puntos yet...