1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

eNVe's Ride - Exotic Red Punto 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by eNVe, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Ohh Venkat ..Feeling bad to see thie mishap on a couple of week old beauty ....

I am not aware of any method to repair a broken(cracked) windshield ..

And I strongly recommend you to replace that with a new one . Because it is very dangerous to drive wit ha cracked wind shield .and when you drive @ 100+ kms , the pressure that falls on the windshield is immense . Cant we get a insurance ?
  2. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

I can get it replaced under insurance... but it will impact my policy going forward... and i will lose 7k on CR70 anyways :(
    Car is just 15 days old and i have done only 1485 KMS :(

Oh god... why me :(
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Please get it replaced soon.
    Check what is the price and take a call to use insurance or not. Normally for glass its just 50% coverage.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    As the Crack has increased my advise is to get it replaced as soon as possible, Repair is advised only if there is a star on the screen.
  5. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Thanks folks... will try to go Tomo or day after tomo... Windshield Experts quoted 9K. I believe it should be less than Fiat. Any idea?
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Check with the TASS and then take a decision. If it is 9k, I would advice you to opt for the insurance.
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

I feel very sorry for this Venkat. Check with the TASS for a quote. However, I doubt that they will have this part handly. It will be wise to go ahead and replace it with Windshield experts. Check with 3M folks if they can remove your CR and re-stick it. I doubt it but still check. Also, go with insurance. I am sure you will be moving out of Future Generali next year and the amount you lose will be very minimal. Being first year, you will not accumulate much of no claim bonus.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  8. Hey Venkat , Any update on the windshield ?
  9. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

@CutyRed, Thanks for asking :)
    Sadly, there's no stock with WE and TASS , so ordered in Pondy... will go next weekend and get it replaced... my spoiler is also ready with them, so will get both done at the same time... will drive slowly to Pondy... hope nothing will happen.

Meanwhile , i got sometime to click some pics.... will upload afternoon....
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Did you enquire a lot regarding this replacement? Today Motomall guy talked about your broken windshield..