1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

eNVe's Ride - Exotic Red Punto 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by eNVe, Nov 7, 2011.

1. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Hey folks... sorry for the delay... still haven't figured out time to get some clicks... so lemme start with the words and then we will skip out for pics...

You can find the booking experience here
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?3528-Knoc-Knoc-from-eNVe

I
    t wasn't the smoothest experience , but still worth it as i get all smiles when i rev my ride :D
    Took the delivery in Karaikal which was delayed 2 days from the date committed... to the worse, the front bumper was scrapped, but luckily a very little scrap found, which i eventually found out when taking delivery and now the negotiations going on with dealer to replace it.
    I was hearing some strange sound from right side front shock observer, which was eventually replaced under warranty on very first day...
    Got the FMZ, June manufactured car in Oct… that’s because I have booked Exotic Red.

Drove from Karaikal to Pondy and got my shocks replaced and drove down to Chennai on the same day...
    Didnt cross over 2100 RPM and 85 KMPH... the ride was smooth like butter even though the road was very bad due to the rain...
    Observation
    I am basically used to Diesel cars for last 6 yrs and have had Indicas, Sumo, Tavera… Thanks to my uncle’s who was running travels business. Now we have 2 yrs old Xylo E4 for my family and I was using it for last 3 months. So my driving observations would be compared with Xylo :p
    Till today I have crossed 880 KMs and the following are my observations.
    I am not going to talk about looks, stability, Engine, Rear bench, GC etc which was covered by each and everyone of you….
    - I was little worried about downgrading from 2498 mill … but if you keep moving in the correct gear, there is no Turbo Lag….Yes,I maintained between 1500 to 2100 RPM and the car is peppy… Had couple of B2B traffic driving in Tnagar and never felt any discomfort….
    - Seating position… Still am searching for comfortable position as I don’t it good for my back… I feel that the seating is pusing my lower back…
    - I am a regular driver of Karaikal <> Pondy <> Chennai route through GST road and even my daily commute to office is on GST road from Urapakkam to MCity. The car breezes on the highway and I feel so comfortable and sturdy. I have never felt comfortable crossing 120 KMPH on my Xylo, but twice I reached 125 KMPH to overtake and felt going like cruising over 100 KMPH.
    - In my 600 KM trip with 90% of Highway and 10% City driving , I got 14+ KMPL and in 40 KM of B2B City diving , I got 11 KMPL which I feel really good and my wallet is feeling very much lighter comparing to his big bro Xylo :p
    - Another factor I was worried about the downgrade is visibility. Because Xylo is one of the vehicle with best road visibility, never had problem with B2B traffic. When I test drove Punto, never felt confident on the visibility, but its changed now. I feel Punto’s visibility is better now. I am easily able to squeeze in the gaps…
    - NO CHANGE on Turning radius comparing to Xylo… But don’t have any issues with 3 Point or K Turn.
    - I am amazed with smooth gearshift…
    Accessories
    - Haven’t got my free mud flap and floor mat yet… likely to get it by this Saturday.
    - Went to Motomall Nandanam and got the following
    o 3M CR70 on front and CS20 on read and side.
    o Autofoam Car seats.
    o PVC floor mat.
    o Universal Armrest
    o Fiber number plates [have to wait 3days to get IND plates, do didn’t go for it].
    - I have planned for the following , but will take some time I guess
    o Speaker upgrade [ Need your suggestions guys, looking for good Bass effect]
    o Door Visor
    o Chrome Exhaust
    o Spoiler.
    Overall am very happy with my choice and my family loves my car. Waiting to cross 1000 KMs, so that I can feel the Harmony… I will let the pics talk in my next update.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Upgraded the stock bulbs to Osram night breaker H4... its quite good now...
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the car.

Your observation "- I am amazed with smooth gearshift…" is quite interesting. Now, I feel who the gearshift in Xylo would have been :).
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Congrats Venkat. Please post regarding the costs involved for films & seat covers and pics of your universal arm rest.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Congratz. Now, when are you going to treat us with snaps? Do take detailed snaps of the upgrades.
  5. Hey Bro ..I am also interested in these 3 items ... Do post pics of the interiors too ... BTW you were roaming @ Velachery yday afternoon on your beauty?

Ajit
  6. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Sure folks, pics on its way... not getting enough time...
    Motomall is little expensive and i knew that i would be paying extra Ks, but didnt mind because i got everything under same roof and got a professional treatment.
    If you can invest some time in going to mutiple shops and negotiate, you can save few Ks.

Seat - Autofoam UCheer Series - Black with Silver finish - Rs 8000 [http://autoformindia.com/]
    3M CR70 - Rs 6800
    3M CS20 - Rs 5200
    Universal Armrest - Rs 2000 [ U get it for Rs.1400 in ebay ] [Dont ask me why i got it in motomall :p]
    Osram Night breaker H4 - Rs 1500
    PVC Floor mat carpet - Rs 2100

Overall , a very profeesional job done and they treat you with care... Contact Mr.Pavan or Mr. Subbu

@Ajit, no dude... stuck at Mcity for the whole day and come out only on WE :)
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Congrats Buddy. Enjoy your ride!!!

You are right when you said that you could have saved a few K's by negotiating. I got the Ucheer Black/red one for 6500, Also you should have gone for the 3D mats since you went on a spending spree ;). Costed around 4200 for me.
  8. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

BAD NEWS>>> i see a crack in my front windsheild ... not sure when i got it... some small rock, which came from lorry tyre hit on GST road when i was coming back from Pondy on Sunday night... i was cruising in 110 KMPH... came home and checked the body... didnt see any thing... but didnt check the front windsheild :(
    But yesterday night after reaching home, i notice a crack running down from top mid of my windsheild :'(
    Not sure whether its repairable... contact Windsheild experts for the price of new one... its 9K...
    The car is only 2 weeks old and it has CR70 :'(
    Will upload photo once i reach home tonight...

Was happy after getting parking sensors installed on WE and ordered OEM Spoiler too...
    I am feeling very down after seeing this crack... OMG... never happend for any of my cars...
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  9. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

I wanted to treat you folks with nice pics.... but time played its role :( ... here are the damaged windshield pics. IMG_0072[1].jpg IMG_0070[1].jpg IMG_0073[1].jpg IMG_0074[1].jpg
  10. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Help me guys... is it repairable or i have to replace the windshield ?
    Planning to go to Windshield Experts this Saturday.