1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

entry tax & LBT

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Abhishek Paranjape, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Abhishek Paranjape

Abhishek Paranjape Novizio

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I got the car as expected on 6th of April as expected. Drove it from A'bad to Dombivli. ( no one bothered at Maharashtra checkpost.)
    LBT is exempt for Defence personnel- had a letter from the Serving unit supplementing the fact.
    Entry Tax is also the same for Defence personnel. Although to get the entry tax NOC was bit troublesome. Finally got the same on 16th April without paying a SINGLE rupee in the Sales Tax Office, Kalyan.

The only problem i faced was with the RTO. the agent i hired started demanding extra money. so i got back all the documents from him and went ahead with the procedure myself. ( I did pay him a little for the work he had done- form fees etc.)

The RTO inspection officer expected me to back down and bribe him to get the work done ( individuals face this trouble most often). i didn't budge a bit. 3days after filling the form and paying form fees i finally got all the signatures and stamps done.

I made the payment on 17th april in SBI as per the new GRAS system which came into effect of late. This payment didn't reflect in RTO account till 27th. The cashier who gives receipt of payment came with up late payment charges, which i promptly denied to pay, since I had made the payment 10days back. I got the below mentioned email printout duly signed by the Dy. RTO and handed it over to the cashier. I am now waiting for my Registration Number to arrive which will be communicated through SMS.
    ( The GRAS system involves Dealers to have a TAX ID with RTO and pay accordingly. Since i am an individual i didn't have a Tax ID and hence the payment did not reflect. This bug in GRAS had been noted down by the Maharashtra RTO and all local RTOs had been informed- An email w.r.t this had been given to me by the I.T. dept. in RTO Kalyan.)

Final Status- got everything done legally without paying bribe and now just waiting for Number to arrive.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 29, 2015 ---
    @ghodlur
    i will definitely do the same in an ownership thread soon.
    ani1900s likes this.
  2. Aashish Kulkarni

Aashish Kulkarni Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Nice to know that you were able to get the things done though with little trouble.
  3. Abhishek Paranjape

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    i did waste a good 6-7days getting everything done at RTO. More than trouble it was a thing of patience and being strong enough to stand against crooked people who would have got the job done in 3days at the expense of almost 10,000 !
  4. lokesh agarwal

lokesh agarwal Timido

pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 16, 2015 ---
    Dear Abhishek,

Thanks for the valuable information you have posted.It certainly helps a lot of people who plan to buy cars from CSD
    My mother in law who is a retired army officer plans to buy a car from CSD.The only dilemma was about LBT and entry tax.
    She plans to buy the car from Chennai and register it in Pune.
    From your post it is very clear that LBT and entry tax are not applicable .Can you suggest the process for obtaining these NOCs.
    That will be a great help.Also she is a retired and a not a serving officer.Will the same rules apply for her also.
    Thanks in advance.
    Great post once again
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  5. Abhishek Paranjape

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @lokesh agarwal - See LBT is past of Pune Municipal Corporation. so you will need a countersigned letter from the Army stating that LBT/Octroi is not applicable on Defence Personnel. give me your email id and i will try and mail you the format of the letter if i still have it with me.
    Entry tax is State tax, so again someone will have to approach local sales tax office in Pune and get an NOC stating the same that there are no Arrears from the Personnel towards the state. it would be good if a lady goes to the office, since govt officials give more attention to what females have to say ! i think i gave the original in RTO and don't have xerox of this NOC, but i will check.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 25, 2015 ---
    @Aashish Kulkarni - i realised 1 more thing about what you said about DIFFERENCE IN VAT.
    1. VAT in Gujarat is 15% in total which is already more than Maharashtra.
    2. the Bill for the car that i got has a Value which includes the VAT amount. the total amount on my Bill is Vehicle cost + Vat added, giving me total Ex-showroom cost which is like any other car. so even though i have not paid the VAT amount, the bill definitely states so.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  6. lokesh agarwal

lokesh agarwal Timido

pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks Abhishek .Would really appreciate it.
    I had been to both PMC for LBT and sales tax office .
    There is still a lot of ambiguity as PMC has confirmed lbt has to be paid.
    As far as sales tax office is concerned they have said that we give noc if sales tax is psid in chennai and shown in dealers invoice.
    Would appreciate if you can send me the formats for claiming noc on lbt ,sales tax and entry tax which would be a great help.
    My email id is lokeshagar@gmail.
    Thanks
  7. Abhishek Paranjape

Dombivli
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @lokesh agarwal - please check mail. concerned letters scanned and mailed.
  8. lokesh agarwal

lokesh agarwal Timido

pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks Abhishek for all the help.Will keep you posted on the developments.
    Thanks once again