1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Entire Car Rusted, Metal parts come off if you just touch!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Soumik, Apr 25, 2016.

?

Has your car (Punto/Linea) rusted at one or more places?

1. Yes

43.8%
  2. No

56.3%
  1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I feel it has got more to do with the quality of water. It cant go this bad under normal circumstances. Check the chassis and decide whether to keep the car.

Abdul
  2. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet

The chassis is good since I did anti-rust coating two times on the chassis. :)

So there is not a single rust on the chassis! :mask:
  3. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    No , i meant normal sales. I wasn't comparing its sales with any other manufacturer.

They already know they are doing bad in sales , so why spend more money, that was my point.
  4. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    I too had seen many Lineas and Puntos with rusting issues. To my horror, I saw 2 or 3 Lineas in service centre with rust all over the entire body. It certainly is a quality issue in FIAT cars. This is not expected from FIAT. I can even tolerate unreliable engines or gearbox, but rusting is a serious issue. Is it possible to bring this common issue to FIAT's notice. @Soumik, have you tried contacting customer care or mailed Mangesh about this issue.
  5. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    There is no need to bring this to their notice since they must be aware of the flaws in their products. :)

Were the rusted Lineas you saw the old ones or the new facelifted ones?

Even Maruti cars do not rust like this. So there must be something wrong.

I emailed Fiat multiple times starting from 2015. Everytime my request had been rejected until recently when they decided to inspect the car.
  6. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    The rusted Lineas were older models. Rust in the days of Ambassadors and Padminis is okay. But with a FIAT product manufactured in 2012? Really bad.
  7. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Went to the showroom today, and looked in details.

All 3 cars displayed there already had rusts at several areas.