1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Enthusiast to soon an owner - Jet waiting to land up!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by contrarian, Dec 7, 2013.

1. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Bangalore
    I don't think there is any upgrade to speakers as yet. That is likely to come in with the facelift in 2014 only I guess.

@Shri1972 @mchanna Thanks a lot!

After reading @paddleshifter's in depth thread, I had decided to replace only the speakers and no changes to HU. However I'll wait for that also (though the same pain that I had in Vista of the audio being nothing great is likely to continue for some more time I guess :( )

@deepakhon Congratulations! Can you please tell me which month's car did you get basis your VIN? I just got the VIN from SE and it's August mfg! I'm a bit concerned on this issue.

@CS Which dealer did you get the car from? Why I'm a bit upset with them is that if it was August vehicle they should have stuck to the discount rather than the Absolute accessory pack being dumped on me!
  2. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    I bought it from Vecto Motors, if it was august then they should ideally give that discount, but the dealers only consider the date of invoicing for giving offers. Hence you would have got discounts relevant to the date of billing. They will not even honor the offer even if a token advance is paid. Billing/invoicing date is sanctimonious ....

Why do they do this ? That is all together a different story, which i got to know during my purchase.
  3. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Bangalore
    I know the deal is given as per the invoice date but somehow particularly in Fiat's case things just don't seem to be transparent! And what is verbally accepted goes for a toss when you ask for written confirmation. And also the offers are announced by say 6th-7th of the month, so the first week becomes as ambiguous as it can get! For e.g Oct was 1lac discount, Nov became 70k + Absolute (crap) and Dec is back onto 1 I believe! But I guess that's just a fact of life in India when buying a car (except maybe Maruti and Hyundai). There were times when I was on the verge of dropping Linea out of my list because of the pre-sales experiences but I'm just taking a dive into it with fingers crossed and the fact that it will be on company lease. So the headache of servicing etc would typically be with them and in case of delays I'll get a replacement vehicle anyways. But just don't want to face that kind of situation really.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Wow,one more T-Jet is waiting to land up,
    Congrats buddy
  5. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Bangalore

Thanks a lot mate. The wait seems endless now :) .. Going for PDI tomorrow. And then gotta wait for my better half to come home. This time round I want her to take the first drive!!
  6. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Congratulations.A terrific buy at a terrific rate :)..I bet that you would not require ANY UPDATE atleast for another year! I had the same dilemma as you but ended up with no updates as I am satisfied with whatever present in the car :D...Please share our satisfactory level with the particular things mentioned after buying the car.Also, the ownership thread and pictures.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  7. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks @bharath Sure it's a good deal at the current rates! Could have been better but what the heck it's time to welcome it home soon! Will keep sharing all the experiences from dealer to the car..
  8. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Folks, Did the PDI yesterday. Most of the things were fine except the front two doors had trouble closing without force. So was the case with boot lid as well. But more concerning was that twice it gave an airbag error and refused to start. But post that there was not trouble. I also want to know if there are any good brands specific to linea in reverse parking sensor and camera and what is the usual cost of the same? I'm looking for the rear view mounted one but I get a feeling i'm being charged more on that one (17.5k is the quoted cost!) .. Besides I'm looking to dump the Absolute kit and get some other goodies instead of that so looking for these things!
  9. Sujay

Sujay Amatore

New Delhi
    First of all many congrats contrarian. I am too a happy TJet (Emotion) owner, purchased in Oct with the 1L discount scheme. It’s an awesome car. I have installed the worldtech reverse camera for 2700/- only. It is working great and moreover I didn’t find any specific brand for Linea. I am not sure what you will get by paying 17.5k.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hearty Congratulations!!! Did you got your car delivered??