1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Enthusiast to soon an owner - Jet waiting to land up!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by contrarian, Dec 7, 2013.

1. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Hi Folks,

My journey of being a Fiat enthusiast is about to turn into one of being an owner too! I'll soon be getting my T-Jet (Hip-Hop Black) and can't wait to get the PDI done. Since the time I was growing up I used to wonder at Fiat (love or loathe - Palio to Uno grrr) for various reasons. And yet I was dead sure of the MultiJet that since I couldn't afford a Fiat I did end up with Vista as my first car. And I loved it to the hilt. So much so that when I sent it away (can't use the word sell still) I couldn't help get emotional. For some reason or the other I still say that Vista was like the bullet of hatches. It had it's quirks but it never let me down! Not even with a puncture! Or when it was loaded to the hilt with 6 adults with respective luggage and would still eat the hills of Mahabaleshwar in torrential rains like. Anyways I'll share those stories some other time.

Right now I need advice on the following:
    1) Is the PDI check list available in FAQs still comprehensive enough for T-Jet (coz that one is of 2011)
    2) I've read lot of info on ICE specially Yashik's thread so am going to replace stock speakers (no change in HU) but need suggestions basis budget (10-15k) and a good place to get the work done in Bangalore (esp coz the vehicle will be on company lease and can't risk the warranty getting void)
    3) Long debate over tires that I keep seeing. Is it really worth changing them and if yes which one should I go for (mind it mine would be Dynamic - which anyways is a separate long story). Can I actually upgrade Dynamic to 16" alloys coz it's GC is 185mm unlike Emotion's 190 ? And if I have to stick to 15" how is the feedback on new Yoko Earths?

Would appreciate the help and apologies if I'm breaking any forum rules here!
    1 person likes this.
  2. Volt

Volt Novizio

@contrarian, congratulations on booking the Jet. I can fully well understand your feelings, went through the same emotions when we 'sent-away' our M800. I will try to answer your queries here,
    1. Well yes, it is quite comprehensive. To be frank though I got a bit overwhelmed and gave up half way!
    2. I cant really comment on places in Bangalore to upgrade your ICE. A suggestion though would be to 'live' with the stock set-up for some time to see if you really need to upgrade. I am pretty satisfied with the stock system. I am no audiophile though.
    3. Once again the stock Goodyears are pretty good. I thought of upgrading to Yokos/ Michelin 3STs but left that for the first replacement.

Hope the above helps you and yes, a great colour choice. As I keep saying, I really dont know which colour best suits the Linea. All of them look awesome!
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    First of all Congratulations on buying hot T-Jet.
    PDI is more than sufficient, just verify the manufacturing timeline (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat...icle-identification-no-decoding-year-mfr.html) and have a visual look from outside and inside.
    Don't worry about ICE much for now. Keep the stock one for sometime, and then get speaker replaced first.
    ICE is ongoing upgrades, you will always have chance to put amp, subs etc.

In Bangalore, lots of ICE shops are there. You can visit EVO in Domlur, or Sachin's shop in Koramangla etc.

15" is sufficient and one of the biggest size in segment. 16" definitely better option though.

Yoko Earth is basic tyre from Yoko, and stock tyre will be better than this.
    If you prefer comfort, Michelin Primacy 3ST should be the choice, little less is XM2, or Yoko DB series.
    For all round performance, life, comfort, you can choose from Bridgestone MY02, Yoko C Drive etc.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  4. contrarian

contrarian Timido

Thanks a lot @ravi and @Volt ! I guess I would stick to the stock for both ICE and tyres for the time being. Once the car settles down I'll look for upgrades subsequently unless I get some good deal to convert the stock 15" to 16". Anyways excited for the PDI which would be tomorrow or day after in all likelihood.

I would also be going for the paint sealant treatment at 3M soon after taking it out from the dealer. I believe the sooner one does it the better it is (apart from costing less) esp for black. For Bangalore with underground parking I don't think body undercoat for rusting is required?

Thanks once again!
  5. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats on your transformation from a Fiat enthusiast to a enthusiast fiat owner!
    I guess you would be getting a 2013 model which has upgraded speakers. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Or the upgrade is on the emotion only?
    I would suggest you too stick to the OE HU to retain the steering mounted controls and blue n me, just install a good pair of components and a amplifier to set it right. Just my opinion though.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Heartiest Congratulations Contrarian. Welcome to the Fiat Family. It is really good to know that you have grown from a FIAT enthusiast to a FIAT owner. To answer your question, I will second Mahesh on the audio front. Please stick to the stock audio system for a couple of days or months if you will. If you are not happy with it change the speaker only to start with. If a good set of speakers can do the trick then you may not have to anything else immediately. Obviously you can do a lot more eventually. I own a Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion and even I am not happy with the speakers at all. I am planning to change it too. Just make sure no cutting of wires and other stuff is involved as it may possibly void your warranty.
  7. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Congratulations !!!

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

WOW Congratulations to one more T-Jetter!!!:cool:
  9. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Congrats! I got my HHB TJet Emotion last Friday, and it has been wonderful so far. My suggestion would be to hold on to the stock speakers for a while. I am going to live with it for a while and see if it will suffice for me.
  10. C_S

C_S Amatore

Congratulations ! One more T-Jet .. All the very best.

I would suggest you experience the audio system before changing it. My car is a 2013 Sep make (Emtotion) and I think the audio system is a lot better than the older ones. I find it quite adequate for the drives, because with the windows up you get great insulation from the external noise.