1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Enjoying my new Punto MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by gp_prakash, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gp_prakash

gp_prakash

Bangalore
    Hello All,
    This is Prakash from Bangalore. Took delivery of the brand new Punto MJD - Exotica Red in Jan 2011. Enjoying my ride so far. Getting to relearn my driving habits a little bit since I have been used to Petrol so far. I thought I would never say this but have actually started to enjoy the drive to office and back! ::D

Will post more details as I start to take her out for longer drives.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi gp_Prakash. Let me be the first one to say Congrats. :)
    Welcome to TFI. Hope you find it useful. Do have a look at the owners manual to know all the "hidden" features of your car.
  3. Pilot_On_Wheels

Pilot_On_Wheels

Pune
    Congrats gp_Prakash...

Just few things. Is the spare wheel alloy wheel or normal wheel? I got a normal black painted wheel and was surprised to see this?

Does your dash bears Blaupunkt or just Mp3? coz what i test drove had blaupunkt.

These are all minor things and do not worry me much. I enjoy the power under the hood. It looks really nice when cars like i10, i20, and even Innova turn into small toy cars in your rear view mirrors.

At times I do feel like having a drag race but could't find anyone :)

All the best in your driving experience.
    Rahul

PS: First day itself i drove for 119 KMs :) That too all short journeys and not leaving the outer premises of Pune.
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    gp_prakash, welcome to TFI and even bigger congrats for getting the Punto. Its one helluva car, ull njoy it even more as the day pass and learn a few new things everyday bout ur car. Do post a few pictures as we all are hungry for great pictures of the beauty. :)
  5. gp_prakash

gp_prakash

Bangalore
    Hi Ansal, Thanks for the warm welcome! It is so true that I learn something new everyday about this fantastic car - I have been very sedate with the car and not revving her too high till the first service. But my friend who visited me over the weekend is a fantastic driver and the way the car handled when he threw her around some twisting roads here the last few traces of doubt in my mind vanished. ::D

Attaching 2 pics here of the car the day I took the delivery.

Pilot On Wheels: I opted for Emotion and not Emotion Pack since I couldnt stretch my budget that high at this time. My logic was that I could upgrade to alloys later and also there are options in market like Jabra that could replace the Blue& Me (well not completly but thats how I convinced myself)

But the sales guy had told me that the Emotion Pack has only the 4 tyres as alloys and the spare is not. The music system just has MP3 on it no Blaupunkt.

The only issue am facing with the car is the shudder on the steering wheel when I go close to 100kmph and a noticeble pull to the left when i let go of the steering. On reading on other forums it looks like a wheel alignment/wheel balancing issue. I plan to get that done rightaway and not wait for the first service for it.

View attachment 2011-01-09_14.15.00.jpg

View attachment 2011-01-09_14.15.20.jpg
  6. Welcome to TFI Prakash,
    Your beauty looks stunning in red !
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Wow Stunning Pictures.

Nyone still disputing that Punto is not the best lookin hatch in the country, needs to look at these pictures. Flaming hot pictures.

Prakash, yup u need to get the balancing done asap.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.