1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Temperature Gauge Query

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nand_nand, Oct 2, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No Rajan. Even though you've added the word MAY, but the above scenario never happens. Thanks to FIAT's excellent implementation of thermostat control, the needle stays rock solid. I've seen that in chilly winters and blistering summers.

Also, another thing to be noted here is that the mid point of the needle is so calibrated that minor fluctuations either high or low are not registered on the needle. So as not to unnecessarily alarm the driver. This has been the case since many years in well engineered cars.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the correction Gurjinder. I have noticed this behaviour in my Palio Stile. Shared the same. Haven't yet driven the T-Jet on a long drive, so cannot comment if anything has changed.

Rajan
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes it's a different story on the Palio, especially the older Palio D. I remember pasting a newspaper in front of the grill on an extremely cold winter morning. The engine was just refusing to warm up. And a too cold engine is not right for it's own good.

Enough of OT posts!

Nand nand, i hope we have resolved your query. Kindly let us know so that this thread can be concluded.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Your car is absolutely fine, drive safe.
    The temperature never comes down while running on a Linea or Punto, while it went down on older generation Fiats.
    I have done a Bhubaneswar to Bangalore trip on my Linea and it always stayed in the middle.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ensure that you check coolent level when engine is completely cool

Because when engine goes to full operating temperature due to vaccum is created in cooling system. So level of coolent goes beyond max.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

That is how thermostat of each and every vehicle is supposed to behave,not just Fiat's:)
  7. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Rajan,

Thanks for the clarification.
  8. AshithK

AshithK Novizio

Bangalore
    I had a strange situation today in my 4yr old Linea mjd. My car has been sluggish for a while now. Today during hot mid afternoon, I started the car from where I had parked it overnight. I drove car for about 10mins, approx 3kms.. the temperature needle stayed normal exactly in the middle of the gauge.

After about 45mins of drive without a break to cover almost 20kms (guys its bangalore traffic lol) I suddenly noticed a the temperature gauge needle was way below the middle mark. I stopped and checked for the coolant it was normal. Then again started the engine to find it was normal at mid point for a while and then it would drop below the mid point after about 10mins of drive and the car becomes very sluggish. What may be the cause guys?

Its a 4yr old vehicle promptly serviced with 1,13,000kms on the odo. Please help!!
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

i too have observed this on my grande punto 2011 with ODO at 1,40,400 Kms,also some times the fuel indicator shows incorrect indication,after restart it comes back to the original position.i dont see any serious issue here, may be due to aging of the car.
  10. hilroy

hilroy Timido

Goa
    the gauge needle in my Punto MJD has gone below C. is it mis aligned or is it a major problem????