1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

engine shaking

Discussion in 'Technical' started by abhay, Aug 5, 2015.

1. abhay

abhay Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    I am going to buy punto mjd 1.3 used one,car is clean and have taken test drive too. I found no problem while driving.but when i opened the bonnet engine was vibrating in idle rpm. Is there might be any problem.
    There is no accidental claim and insurance is also valid an no claim has been taken.please help me should I buy the car or not.
  2. raghava rao

raghava rao Timido

Chennai, Velachery
    Velachery, Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    1.3 Multi jet is good Engine, very little vibration can be seen I have observed from my own linea also.
    It will be good if your elaborate more on the car you are looking in.
    Variant, color, odometer reading, exterior body condition and interior.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Sounds ok, normal, you know? Adjusting for what one imagines is your 'subjective' sense in this description.

If it drives well, its papers are ok, you've examined closely for hidden accident-repair etc......it probably
    is ok! Show it to FASS or to some experienced mechanic if you've a residual doubt.

In any case, please confirm the service history from the FASS' Fiat central-database.

cheers, all the best
    Turbothinghy and abhay like this.
  4. abhay

abhay Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for reply raghav. The model is 2011 oct Trip meter shows 51,542 kms. Color is white and body condition is ok.minor scratches are there on body which can be vanish by applying rubbing compound.
    Just major scratches are there on bumper which have left the mark .
    Clutch is smooth and car takes off quit well.
    No rattle sound inside the cabin and cabin is quite and feel fresh.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Check oil consumption and smoke and test on examiner before you buy. Although it sounds OK from you description a thorough checkup is needed to check any area which could be weak and needs attention sooner than expected.
    abhay and prabhjot like this.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Check for
    1. Loose engine mount.
    2. Loose or disconnected hoses.
    3. If car vibrating or shaking is occurring upon acceleration, there's a chance that transmission fluid level is running low.
    4. lastly, Faulty or poorly adjusted fuel intake system. Sometimes, idling problems that cause engine vibration may be as simple as adjusting the idle on a carburetor or cleaning components in the fuel intake system so that fuel passes through the engine more easily creating cleaner and more efficient combustion your car's engine.

But i feel it will be a minor issue in your case. just check for 1&2.

Also as the car has already run 51k , dont forget to replace Timing chain at next service interval (60k) if you happen to buy it :)
    Good luck!
    prabhjot likes this.