1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine running tad bit cooler...

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Sam, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Folks,

Let me start with saying that this is not at all an issue (unless you feel so) but more of an observation. Of late I am observing that the coolant needle always dips a little bit to the cold side of the dial inspite of having crusing 170 kms ride on highway or 20 kms drive in bumper to bumper traffic. I am wondering is it really that the engine is running cooler or the dial has lost any calibration.

image.jpeg
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Minor inaccuracies will be there. Which is fine IMO. Keep an eye on coolant temp. Get the coolant levels and piping etc. checked.
    Sam and kishorekrs like this.
  3. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Get the coolant level checked. Visit a service centre and get it checked with them.
  4. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks asimpleson and dhruv. The coolant level is about right and had been same for several months. As you pointed it may be some inaccuracy somewhere but till it causes any issue I am okay not visiting service centre. Because the more I visit them the more issues starts surfacing (some surely caused by few inexperienced mechanics).
  5. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Happens to me as well on my Punto MJD. Usually at a signal if idling for some time. Or if driving at lower rpms. When I press the accelerator the needle climbs up again. I don't think there's any problem here.
    Sam likes this.
  6. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Good to know that I am not alone and agree that it certainly isn't an issue. But I started noticing it only recently. All these years the needle never moved even a notch on either side once on middle.
  7. Rev Happy Turbo

Rev Happy Turbo Novizio

Mumbai
    Well Winter's coming :p
  8. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Ha ha ha certainly except that I sweat in mumbai's winters