1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine RPM and Temp reading.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Sheetal, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Sheetal

Sheetal Timido

Bangalore
    My Adventure 1.6 RPM has started to idle between 1000 to 2000 RPM. It stays there no matter what and after some time (between 10 seconds to 5 minutes) drops back to 800 RPM. Also issues with TEMP needle. It is constant at half mark and at time a bit above. Tried AC to check if the temp needle will come down but it did not.

I checked on web that for RPM issue we need to change throttel body and air filter and speed console. Not sure what to do, any advise?

Thanks,
    -Sheetal

- - - Merged Post - - -

forgot to add that fuel (indicator) gauge is not showing correct values. What part to replace to fix the issue.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Chean the throttle body once. Also IAC valve and sensor needs to be checked.
  3. Sheetal

Sheetal Timido

Bangalore
    Thank you for your expert advise. I asked the FIAT guys at Vecto/Prerana to do the same but was told they don't do that. I may get the car back tomorrow as they have had it for 4 days now. I was asked to have the fuel pump replaced to fix the fuel gauge needle and also cluster replacement.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I've already been billed 1.2 L for the repairs ... :( and still all issues not sorted out.
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

1.2 L is a huge sum, what all job had been done on the Advy?
    Really sad to see FIATs not able to get a solution of the issues faced!!
  5. Sheetal

Sheetal Timido

Bangalore
    Job details as below :

Front shocks replaced, RHS drive shaft replaced, cross member replaced, front bumper replaced, wheel arcs (eye brows) replaced, TD sensor replaced .... I am disappointed as they are not able to fix issues and suggest part replacement ...

Pending issues : Fuel gauge not working, temp gauge not working, RPM getting stuck at 1200 0r 200 RPM & they were not able to install bull bar correctly ...

Pending Parts : Power window switches, Beedings, Break Liner... I am not sure if I will go back to FIAT for service again, on hunt to find someone whom I can trust and get my baby back on the road ....

- - - Merged Post - - -

2000 RPM ....
  6. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Sheetal,

one of the issues of this idle rocking back & forth is Trottle Body - Telling this from personal experience. Mine would go up & down on it's own. After TB replacement it's fine. And in a 1.6 engine the entire TB needs to replaced since all the sensors are within the body & cannot be changed!!!

Also check the O2 sensor as well since mine gets to 1200 rpm in heavy traffic which is a classic symptom of O2 sensor issue!
  7. Is the engine really racing at 2000 rpm during idle, or is it just being shown in the meter as 2000rpm while the engine idles normally? If the engine is indeed racing, it could mostly be related to the Throttle body or the O2 sensors. If it is just wrong metering, i think the fault could be related to the meter console circuit board. It is possible since you are having problems with all the meters in the console(fuel, temp and tacho). just my thoughts.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Quite a lot of things replaced here but could you tell me the reason for replacement of these parts : "Front shocks replaced, RHS drive shaft replaced, cross member replaced, front bumper replaced" was there an accident with your vehicle or what was the reason..

fellow Adventure TFI 'ans can guide you for further actions good luck
  9. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Hi all,
    I am also facing the same issue.
    Yesterday morning when i started my car (Punto 2009, 45,000KM) the engine was raising and unusually higher sound. Didn't worry much. It happened yesterday evening when i started the car from office. I got little worried and so paid more attention this morning. It was giving higher sound and the rpm went upto 1200. Kept it running. After about 2 minutes the sound became normal and rpm came down to 800 which is the normal idle rpm.
    Any idea why this is happening? Is this something to really worry?
  10. 1200 in cold start I think that should be still ok.