1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

engine replacement

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by palio_lover1, Jul 1, 2014.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Italia can you please elaborate about the usage of K&N Air filters
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    I would also like to believe in this statement of his, have always had this view about the K&N filters esp. the conical kinds. Although better to hear the technical reasoning from him.
  3. Now I got a better picture about what went wrong.

One of the cylinder got a slight depression[steps] in that. From the mechanic I understood it might be either because of the timing belt was not adjusted correctly or else the oil was not reaching the cylinder in a proper way. And since the oil was not reached the cylinder, when they opened the engine it was full of carbon deposits especially the cylinder which got problem. The pipes were all blocked, and free flow of oil was almost blocked.

The above statement is what I understood from mechanic. But it caused only one cylinder. My mechanic told me it can be either because of the timing adjustment failure, or else the pressure pump was causing some issue, and the oil was not circulating properly.

Now they are sending it to lathe to adjust the bore, and will change the rings along with other components which needs to replaced along with that[bearings, gasket]

Probably I could attach some pictures later tomorrow.