1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine oil mixed with coolant

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by sridharj, Oct 28, 2015.

1. sridharj

sridharj Timido

Chennai
    Left my punto for service in RDC, Chennai as I was going for a long trip next week. The service advisor called me now and said that when he tried to top up the fluids the coolant is completely dark as the engine oil got mixed with coolant. He says the need to completely flush the oil's, fix the issue and refill the oil's. I really do not have a clue what is he saying. Can experts help me understand this?

The problem I had is I was hearing sound similar to running water when I took the car for vellore 15 days back. He says this sound is due to the engine oil mixing with coolant.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    You have not mentioned if your car is diesel or petrol.
    If it's a diesel mostly oil cooler assembly would be at fault, whole cooling system would have to be flushed thoroughly multiple times.
  3. sridharj

sridharj Timido

Chennai
    Its a diesel Punto. The SA is saying the required spare parts is not available and they have ordered. Need to wait for 2 more days to get those parts
  4. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    It is the oil-cooler assembly at fault, as I can say from my experience. I faced same problem last March and got the heat-exchanger replaced under warranty after emailing to FIAT, Pune. My 1.3 MJD was at 30K+ km then and it happened while returning from Rajasthan trip. It is covered under warranty.
  5. sridharj

sridharj Timido

Chennai
    Thanks Ravi, Mine is nearly 4 years old and not sure if this part is covered under extended warranty. You replaced it under regular warranty or extended warranty?
  6. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Mine is May 2012 model and hence it was out of regular warranty of 2 years, but under extended warranty of 26 months. The FASS wrote to the agency that handles Ext Wrnty and they refused stating my service record was not proper. I then wrote to FIAT stating the facts and also gave a copy of service-slip counter-foils to FASS to send to the agency. Then FIAT person called and finally they did it as GODDWILL, though I argued against it. You make sure that all service entries are there at FASS. Also write in parallel to FIAT for information.
  7. sridharj

sridharj Timido

Chennai
    Sure, I will try, but not sure if I'm having that kind of time as I need my car for a long trip which I'm starting on coming Wednesday. Anyways let me try and thanks for the information.
  8. R Rajesh

R Rajesh Novizio

Salem
    salem
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Dear Mr Sridar,

If the vehicle is to get ready quickly, You may go to any tata spare part shop and ask for heat exchanger assy (that comes with along oil filter assy)for TATA indica Vista.That will suit for your vehicle and you have to do it in some outside workshop.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 1, 2015 ---
    Or The one for maruthi swift, you can get it from maruthi partshop also.
    Sujit508 likes this.
  9. sridharj

sridharj Timido

Chennai
    Thanks Rajesh, the work is completed at RDC itself. The car is back with me, however they have asked me to bring it back after 500 KMS to flush out the tank one more time.
  10. R Rajesh

R Rajesh Novizio

Salem
    salem
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Have a nice trip ...Keep rock...