1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

engine oil level

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drgopusankar, Apr 15, 2012.

1. TFI is a source a medium where like minded fiatians meet, share knowledge Nd ofcourse people gain knowledge in this process.
    Other than respectable mods ofcourse and a few members who have real knowledge most people like me joined here with absolutely very limited knowledge me being an elctronic and communication engg and a gamer explains it all I guess.
    Brother zen you neednt stress out we are not turning 60 anytime soon and I believe over the years people like us will have substantial knowledge about our cars ofcourse.
    So guys if you cant help out people who needs it please just dont humiliate in your post for the sake of posting, it makes you no better..
    Till then zen let us plan an outing and try to know about our cars ;-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    3 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its perfectly normal.
    2 people like this.
  3. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    I am not sure if I have checked in between.I guess I did. Dont know if thats a dejavu though. :p When you find evrything right nothing strikes your head. When you find something wrong it strikes and stays there.(Atleast for me) :p
    I am not sure though. But I do remember discussing the colour of engine oil with Oncemoredieselpower after the service. So i guess I had checked atleast once.(So bad, I know). Whatever; there is a lesson for me. :)
    I wish the FASS not filling it properly to come out as the culprit!!!

Ha you also have that problem? My engine oil light used to go away immediately after engine started till some time back.
    It used to go away along with all other lights that come on turning ignition key. Now just the engine oil light stays there for a prolonged 2-3 sec.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry for the OT post :)
    or he will vipe it clean?
  5. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    I'm not really sure how it was earlier ; but now after a cold start it stays for 2-3 sec. It goes away immediately after a warm start as I noticed today. Don't really think there's a problem here.

If other owners can comment that would help.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Tell me something guys - do you just insert the key and straight away crank, or do you first turn to MAR, wait for all other check lights to turn off and then crank?

Rajan
  7. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Turn to MAR, wait for all other lights to turn off ( only 3 remain lit on the dashboard ), and then crank.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    having read that in manual, i do that mostly except sometimes when i forget !
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If by mistake engine goes off in the middle of traffic then put the key and directly crank.
    In normal conditions first to MAR and then crank.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I was asking that question, just to understand what the problem was. I think sdp1975 has provided a vital clue in cold start and warm start.

Rajan