1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

engine oil level

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drgopusankar, Apr 15, 2012.

1. hello friends today when I checked the oil level ,was surprised to see the level above maximum limit.. my vehicle had undergone second service last week.. I have travelled 800 kms since then... please go through the attched picture and give your valuable suggestions..

now after the issues I faced so far, I am afraid to send my vehicle for the TASC service... but no other way for me...
    PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE CHECKED THE OIL TODAY MORNING... BEFORE STARTING THE VEHICLE...

IMG_0301_tnk.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Did you :

1. Check the oil level on a cold engine, preferably standing overnight on a level surface.
    2. Wipe the dipstick firstly with a clean rag and then re-check oil level.

Cheers.
  3. yes gurjinder.. What you see in the picture meets the two criteria...please help
  4. here comes another picture..how much is the overfill??? looking at the dipstick I suspect whether it is too much????

IMG_0300_tnk.jpg
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    The oil level seems to be a few mm's above the Max area, so i reckon just let it be. A wild guess would be that it is overfilled to the tune of 100-200ml. Not much.

For peace of mind, though, you can get 100 ml of oil drained from a friendly neighbourhood mechanic and then check level the day after.

Cheers.
  6. thank you gurjinder... As you said for peace of mind, I will go to a nearby mechanic tomorrow and drain a little oil......thank you for the suggestion...
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Can anyone point out what should be the ideal level?
    should be it be just equivalent to the mesh marker on the dip stick?
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    These are the generally accepted levels.

Same on the older Palio D.

oil.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  9. you are absolutely right gurjinder.... it was almost about 200 ml in excess.. now I have maintained the oil at maximum level...We are proud to have a TFIian
    like you..:)
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Hey thanks! ;)

Glad i could help.
    1 person likes this.