1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine oil level

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by clash81, Dec 27, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Not at all, as long as you stick to the grades. Check if your TASS accepts Delvac, if yes then go for the same as it is much superior to the Selenia WR semi-synthetic.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Dont fill more than 3.2litres. Even i was filling 3.5litres. I learnt it hard way :)
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I would not recommend going back to Semi Synthetic From Fully Synthetic.
    Though you may not notice any noticeable difference with Selenia after Delvac1
    but for better protection i would recommend that you stick to Delvac1.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Please elaborate?
  4. Look like this is a common issue with TASC. May be difference oil quandity requirement between 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, and what ever Tata engines causing confusion at TASC. TASC over filled oil in my car in last two services. I drained excess oil once I noticed. Bad part is SA and SL don't agree that over filling engine oil cause problems.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Who can teach TASS. :) This happened even though i was standing on the TASS mechanic's head. I was saying 3 litres, he was keen on dumping entire 4 litres.:confused:
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I have never had issues at TASS regarding engine oil,they always put in 3.2 L of oil without any instructions:)
  7. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Should I change Engine oil?

Level pic below

38261-fluid-leak-after-drive-oil-level-dip-stick.jpg

38262-fluid-leak-after-drive-oil-level-dip-stick2.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If service is due in 1-2 months, its ok to wait, but if service is far away, get it topped-up. But keep an eye on level, each week or so.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @brandnewpunter

When did you check the level of the oil?? Always check the level when engine is cold i.e mornings.If you've checked when the engine is cold then your level seems to be low.Top up or change the oil if your due for service.
  10. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    4500 more KMs to go before 2nd service and I have never changed oil. I expect to do these kilometres in 2-3 months.
    It was checked after leaving the car idle for more than 10 hours. Loads of KM's before service due, wondering!