1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine oil level

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by clash81, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Sachinls3, did u do ur service with Pandit, Tilak road? I did my 3rd free service with Pandit way back in sep-11 and i can see the oil level same as urs (driven the car 2K+ KMs after that) . If that's the case then that is not the good service station. Not sure with Acumen and are we supposed to check all the things after each service whether they have done it properly or not.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

yes, I did it with Pandit. I know that all is not well with that Service Station but in Pune I don't think we have any other choice, i haven't heard anything good about Acumen as well and Acumen is at the far end of the city for me, I stay near Kharadi.

But Pandit did resolve 1 important problem in my car, my car was pulling to the left side. I don't think it was easy for them to resolve it since they took 4 days to resolve it. The SA (Mr. Babar) told me that all my wheels were bent more or less and they repaired that along with wheel balancing and alignment. This issue was there since the day I took delivery of my car, but it got worsened after 11K running. I am satisfied with it now.

But I still have doubt related to Engine Oil level, I might sound stupid but I still see the oil level above max limit. I don't know why and how even after draining oil. I'll take a snap and post it.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  3. I did draining of ~500ml oil from the local garage and the mechanic asked me to monitor the oil level few days. Actually he drained the oil completely and poured in 3L out of the 3.5L or so. Dipstick was showing near to max level after that. I don't know if the excess oil can be reused later or not.
    I heard that better to have lower level (ideally between the range) then crossing the max level too much.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I have a confusion while checking the oil level on the dipstick. I did the same procedure thrice and the results were the same. On one side of the dipstick, the level is at max, on the other side the level is a little below max, like it requires some top-up.

I believe this is due to the curvature of the dipstick sheath. Your thoughts guys? Should I top-up or not?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The ideal level is the middle of the mesh portion of the dipstick. The level you say is just fine, don't worry. It's almost at the max, no issues.

1 person likes this.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

If we fill exactly 3.2 litres of oil the mark is at the topmost part of the dip stick serrations. If oil level falls by 200-300 ml it comes to middle of the stick.

Some TASS fill 3.5 litres and it exceeds the dipstick level
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

The quantity of oil that should be filled up ideally varies depending on how the oil was removed. If flushing compounds were used to remove oil then you may have to fill 3.5 L instead of 3.2 L.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Learned dealer M/s Hundekari Motors of my city pours complete can of 4 ltr oil
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

They put in 3.75 L in my case. :evil:

Always better to underfill by 200-300 ml and top up as needed later. I always do that in the Palio.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Guys my car is running on Mobile 1 Delvac and my car's 3rd free servicing is due on Monday. SC People will change engine oil to Selenia.

Changing the engine oil brands, Does it affect on engine?