1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine oil level

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by clash81, Dec 27, 2011.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will be taking the vehicle for the 15k service the coming week. Will update on the service soon.

thanks again!
  2. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    Here is my engine level attached, sorry that the snap is not much clear since it's taken from my cellphone, its clear that the engine level is way up the max level as shown by the red rectagle. I checked the level only after parking my car on level ground overnight.

The level is showing up only after my 2nd free servicing which was done on Dec 16. I have had a 100Km drive after that and didn't see any issue like oil leak etc. but should this be a cause of concern, should I call the SA and ask them to drain some of the oil?

Photo0291.jpg
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sachinls3, did you clean the dipstick first and then check the level? Or did you just take out the dipstick and clicked the pic.

Cheers.
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Always clean the dipstick with a clean cloth before you check the oil level.It seems the service center has overfilled by half a liter.In my case it was an overfill by 1.5liters still nothing happened to my engine *fingers crossed* I drove for 1000kms with the overfilled oil.Thanx to the tuff FIAT built engine.Never tell TASS to top up oil without permission.
  5. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    Yes, as a matter of fact I cleaned it thrice just to be sure :)
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    if this is what your dipstick shows after cleaning it with a cloth then i would advise you to get the excess oil drained as it will not allow your engine to work properly putting extra load on it. get it removed
  7. Just checked mine and found it to be above the max as well. Car has done 24600 Km which means that it has been running almost 10 thou Km with higher oil level :( Hope nothing has happened to the engine. Will get it drained end this week. I wonder why do the T.A.S.S pour in more oil than required? Either they don't have measures or they don't care.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Their line item/check point may be just to empty so many cans, and not the quantity that the engine requires for efficient functioning!
  9. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    I called SA just now and he has asked to come to Service Center so that they can check it!! :-(
  10. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    Checked the level at SC, it was indeed more than required, but the SA told me it's just normal and nothing will happen. I still insisted to drain some of the oil so that the max level comes to the standard one.

They drained the oil, showed me the oil level, it is now to my satisfaction. Kept the excess oil with me, the quantity of the excess oil should be around 300ml.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012