1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine oil leakage

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by raj@tfi, Sep 6, 2012.

1. raj@tfi

After a long 6 months research and nightmare experience with my brand new 6 months old punto mjd dynamic , i was able to fix the rattling noises being produced from the left doors of the car. Aadya worskshop, bangalore was able to fix it finally..

However, the story doesn't end here.. Now I am confronted with a new set of issues with the car....

.................It's an engine oil leakage issue now..........

Took it to Aadya service center this time just 7 days after the first service. They didn't probably notice during the first service about the leakage.

I had taken the car to my nearest Bosh service center just to check if TASS had done the first service properly... I thank the Bosh guys who pointed out the Engine leakage issue...

I today ( 6th Aug) took the car back again to Aadya motors and show them the issue.. They understood the problem and they need 2 days to fix the issue....

Will keep posting and updating on this......
  2. sungoa2010

Can you tell us ,more anout the bosh people's diagnosis. Where was the leakage? How did you notice it?
  3. How were you able to figure out the engine oil leakage ???
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    from where the engine oil started leaking?????
  5. raj@tfi

The Oil lekeage is from a faulty Gaskaet. The rubber may haven been torn or something, and thus the lekeage... The Aadya service guys replaced the entire gaskaet, and i am not sure even if now the lekeage has stopped ... I am observing it now........Thanks for all your curiosity.... Nothing but punishment of owing a FIAT car....FIAT has ZERO presence in this nation, i just looked at the features and because of the MJD engine bought it 6 months ago... None of the TATA service centres have a single FIAT engineer.. This was confirmed to me by one of FIAT's management level person.
  6. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

On what basis are they planning to invest in dedicated service center's when their car sales are so scarce. Will they not run into losses again having invested so much in setting up Service centers for so less no.of cars running ? I really doubt whether, dedicated service center's for FIAT will become a reality in India @ this stage.
  7. raj@tfi

I took the car twice , again after the first repair. The same mechanic who had replaced the Gaskaet, stated that there is a leakeage from some other small components attached to the body of the engine. He didnt replace that rubber part , but repaired the specific rubber component which was responsible for the issue....

The car is now under observation, and I am checking for any further lekeages....

I have written an email to Mangesh, Rajesh Hariharan and other people from FIAT.. To inform that there cars have such severe manufacturing issues...