1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

engine oil consumption in 1.4 fire

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by karan desai, Oct 3, 2012.

1. is this only for Mineral/semi synthetic oil? I didn't see any oil level drop after my second service(15 k kms),I don't know how it stopped but I switched to Delvac 1 at time of 3rd service so can't say minral/semi systetic oil issue with 100% confidence.

Not only FIAT's but even VW vento also displays similar oil consumption but stops after 5 K Kms but the question is how?
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Err we are talking of 1.4 gasoline engine,the 1.3MJD does not consume any oil.
    And we have a Vento Tdi in the extended family since 2 years,and no oil level drops in that engine as well.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I agree,a healthy engine,with proper tolerances should not consume any engine oil.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  3. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Grande Punto 1.4
    I reported this the first service, that time the concord(bangalore) guys were not aware, nor did i read the manual properly about the oil loss, and they couldn't find any issues with the consumption of engine oil. I kept topping up with a litre of Selenia for 15k KMS different intervals. I gave the car for service last time in Jan (1st paid service) and after that i have barely done 5k kms. And this time even after topping up once with 300-400 ml oil, my gauge shows the oil at the minimum level. Car runs perfect, no loss of power or any MIDs blinking.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014