1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Engine Oil changing Frequency

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sib10, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Sib10

Sib10 Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    I am owner of 2012 Dynamic Punto and it feels so good having a (IB) Italian Beauty in my Garage.

I have a query related to engine Oil changing frequency that it is essential to change Engine Oil every year if the IB just only Covered 7000 Kms in one year..??
    what happened if a Oil change At 15000 km interval in two years ...???
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
  4. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Linea 1.4
    Oil does not degrade with time, but gets contaminated with moisture, rust causing sludge formation and reactions with O2.
    The reason for manuals mentioning recommended oil change with kms/time is even though the car might not have covered the max kms, the probability is high that during the max time frame the oil sitting in the sump would have been contaminated with the mentioned impurities affecting its viscosity and hence its efficiency.

Although I would stick to the manual, but if you can regularly check the VI of the oil and check for contamination and be sure that's all's good, I believe dragging it past the recommended interval should be OK :D

Try at you own risk though :p
  5. Sib10

Sib10 Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    thanks for valuable reply and clearing my DOUBT.
    I really appreciate your Views.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 3, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 3, 2015 ---
    Now its time again to change Engine oil of my IB.
    Now another confusion I have about the oil Brand,
    At Fiat service station they have their regular tried and tested semi-Synthetic selenia oil,
    but searching at 99rpm.com ther are another Branded oil now any one please suggest me which branded oil to choose for my 3 year and 28,000 kms Old IB(Italian Beauty).
    Also tell me is it convenient to go trusted local Garage to change Engine oil and Filter too either going to Authorize service Station.